Revenue Strategy and Operations Manager
Revenue Strategy and Operations Manager
Who we are
The Revenue Strategy and Operations team at Twitter partners with Global Sales and Marketing teams to drive revenue, craft and execute sales strategy, and lead all internal systems to drive productivity.
What you will do
As a Strategy and Operations Manager, you will be a member of the Client Solutions Development (CSD) organization and looked to as a leader in the organization. The CSD team includes the Global Agency Development, the Ads API / Programmatic, the Global Brand Strategy and the Global Video Solutions teams.
You will work very closely with Senior Sales leaders in the Operations and CSD teams to quickly understand issues and implement solutions. You will build and execute core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, and ongoing business operations management. In your role, you will also take up broad spectrum special projects within the CSD organization - ranging from strategic reviews of our global partnerships and business unit plans, to maintenance and reporting on new sales enhancement process/platforms and tools.
Your job will also include in-depth quantitative analysis of key Twitter usage and revenue trends/inventory analysis in addition to other strategy and operations metrics with particular focus on problem solving and creation of scaled systems and processes.
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. Our team does not shy away from rolling up our sleeves, slicing and dicing massive sets of information, and building solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Your hunger for working with data is only matched by your hunger for working at Twitter.
What does success in this role look like?
You will embed yourself with the CSD team and become the strategy and operations backbone for those teams. Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and partners in the Product, Sales, Finance, Marketing and other support organizations critical to maintaining or developing long-term relationships with key brands and agencies. You will often independently identify issues, problem solve, and with enthusiasm drive solutions - people come to you when they have a tough problem and don’t know how to solve it.
- You will work with our cross functional partners (Sales teams, Revenue engineering, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and longer term resource needs.
- You will participate and help steer global initiatives as appropriate and ensure that global initiatives are rolled out properly to every region.
- You will develop, lead & report on key revenue metrics.
- You will conduct strategic market insights including competitive landscape analysis to help formulate go to market plans.
- 5+ years experience in the digital marketing industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms.
- Media agency experience and/or management consulting experience a big plus.
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Experience working with strategy and operations function with similar needs and job function.
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Project management mindset on task execution.
- Familiar with SQL or any other form of database querying language a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, engineering or related field of study.
- Bonus: MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
- Bonus: Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!