Public Policy Manager, SE Asia (Singapore)
Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. Public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services now arise in regulatory bodies and legislatures around the world. As a Twitter public policy staffer based in SE Asia, this will be your opportunity to be part of this conversation and actively assist in the development and advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology issues. This role will report to the Director of Public Policy for APAC, based in Singapore.
- Act as an ambassador for Twitter to elected officials, government agencies, ministers, as well as civil society entities engaged in policy making issues of importance to Twitter and our users.
- Represent Twitter at high tech industry gatherings and coalition meetings, speak publicly on policy panels at events and conventions.
- Monitor and analyse public policy issues of importance to Twitter and our users in SE Asia, including in the national legislative and executive branches and related agencies in Singapore and regional neighbours such as Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia and to actively engage and advocate for Twitter as appropriate.
- Provide front-line support on issues requiring engagement, solving problems and escalating to internal colleagues as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and lawmakers.
- Conduct research into tech policy issues, working with other Twitter team members to fashion policy solutions that meet the legitimate needs of policymakers while advancing the interests of our users.
Success in this role looks like this: While you may have started your Twitter experience learning additional technology policies of importance to Twitter and our users, you will have significantly enhanced your understanding and mastered many elements of such issues. You will have educated policymakers and regulators with respect to Twitter and built strong, respectful relationships. You will have forged alliances, partnerships and distinguished our commitments. You will have helped to elevate Twitter’s public policy brand among key audiences to a high level. In doing so, you will have demonstrated personal initiative, comprehension, judgment, fortitude, and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
- University degree; advanced degree preferred
- English language fluency, spoken and written. Additional SE Asian language proficiency (e.g., Thai) is strongly preferred.
- Significant experience in government, politics, or public policy with deep familiarity across all three disciplines
- Awareness and understanding of laws and regulations important to Twitter and our users
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable fluency in social media and high technology
- A passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better
- A sense of humor
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!