Legal Counsel - Compliance (Anti-Corruption and LATAM)
Are you an experienced AntiCorruption Counsel who would love to build out a global program? Have you been responsible for implementing a compliance program in Latin America? If so, please read on.
We are looking for someone to lead our Global Anti-Corruption Program and also serve as compliance lead for LATAM. In this role you will report to the Senior Legal Director, Compliance and will be responsible for managing and enhancing our global anti-corruption program. You will also serve as the primary compliance representative for LATAM with responsibility for embedding the compliance program for that region. You will work closely with Compliance and Legal team colleagues and other control and support functions, as well as with business leaders in the region. You'll help to continue to develop the compliance culture at Twitter and embed integrity and compliance initiatives in our LATAM operations as our company grows.
We're looking for an experienced professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities including:
- Oversee, advise and provide guidance on anti-bribery and corruption laws, rules and regulations, and related policies and procedures (e.g. Gifts & Entertainment, Charitable Contributions, hiring practices, interactions with governments and Politically Exposed Persons, etc.), their impact on our risk profile and their application to the business
- Implement and administer a global Anti-bribery and Corruption Risk Management Program, Policies & Procedures in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Develop and implement training across all levels of the organization, working in close coordination and collaboration with other members of the Compliance team, to support a strong anti-bribery and corruption compliance culture and drive appropriate behaviors across the enterprise.
- Conduct or oversee third party risk management processes including due diligence on business partners with a focus on bribery/corruption risk
- Have a deep understanding of FCPA, UK Bribery Act, other anti-bribery and corruption rules and guidelines as well as general compliance principles
- Provide expertise, advice and guidance within LATAM to internal stakeholders on a broad range of topics including ethics, anti-bribery, trade compliance, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, insider trading and other related areas;
- Develop and implement an informative and engaging regional training and communications plan within LATAM region on compliance matters, including to support program enhancements, new policies and procedures and keep compliance top of mind;
- Collaborate and work closely within LATAM region with legal, finance, HR, business teams, managers and other control functions to embed compliance culture and practices in daily operations and activities within the region;
- Conduct periodic monitoring, testing and auditing for program implementation and effectiveness within the region;
- Conduct periodic risk assessment on legal and regulatory matters, including development and oversight of implementation of any control enhancements or remediation
- Upon request, conduct or assist with internal investigations into alleged violations of the Code of Conduct or other policies in the LATAM region, ensuring appropriate fact-finding, document retention and recommended findings and action items;
- 5+ years (though more is welcome) of your experience is directly relevant to this Compliance role, (at least two years of in house experience preferred);
- Strong knowledge of anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and regulations and elements of an effective anti-corruption program;
- Experience in building, managing, enhancing and implementing an effective antibribery and corruption program;
- Experience implementing and monitoring a regional compliance program for a multinational publicly-traded company, including designing and tailoring training, regional guidance and addenda to global policies, as appropriate;
- Substantive expertise not only in anti-bribery and anti-corruption law, but global trade compliance issues and other compliance-related subjects;
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment;
- Forward-thinking and strategic, looking not only at what will work now, but what will work 3 or 5 or more years from now;
- Entrepreneurial mindset: flexible, self-starting and hard-working, generating new and innovative solutions as we build out the Compliance program;
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth and evolution and that is the subject of intense public scrutiny;
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Outstanding, oral, written and presentation communication skills, fluency in English is required, as is fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese;
- Strong influencing skills as well as excellent collaboration skills to engage with high performance teams and colleagues in different functions and at different levels in the company;
- Willing and able to travel to Twitter offices in the LATAM region as well as corporate headquarters on a periodic basis;
- Law degree (e.g. JD or equivalent) and qualification to practice law required.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!