Intern, Data Science (Singapore)
Twitter Singapore data science team is opening up applications for Summer 2019 Data Science internship positions.
You will be paired with a mentor and work on challenging projects using Twitter's massive data to answer interesting questions. We use Scala, SQL, Python and R in the team. We are a small team in Singapore and we solve problems that help the company make data driven decisions.
To apply, you must be an enrolled student (please state expected graduation date in resume)
- Pursuing a degree (undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative disciplines
- You should have taken courses on topics such as database systems, software engineering, information retrieval, machine learning and / or statistics.
- Willingness to learn and an open mind.
- Able to commit for 12 weeks full-time.
You are great at:
- Exploring and visualizing data to drive insights
- Designing and implementing metrics that help teams focus on what to optimize for
- Working with Product Managers, engineers and designers to understand where data can be helpful
- Transforming complicated problems into simpler, tractable ones
- Communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!