Identity Policy Specialist - Trust & Safety
Are you a strong team player with an interest in identity issues? Are you a critical thinker with excellent judgement and attention to detail? Can you manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic environment? Does the idea of working as part of a global, diverse team interest you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety department are on the front lines of safety, expression, and policy issues that affect the Internet.
The Identity Policy Specialist works to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition and Terms of Service enforcement. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated teammate to join our team in Dublin to respond to high priority issues in an efficient manner and educate colleagues about our policies & processes.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for enforcing, documenting, and shaping policies related to Impersonation, Trademark and Counterfeit at Twitter. This involves processing escalated cases from our support teams in addition to driving multidisciplinary projects and decisions based on data and user feedback. You’ll work crossfunctionally with a diverse, distributed team in order to streamline and optimize operational processes.
Who you are:
● You have experience prioritizing & handling high volumes of inbound correspondence
● You are extremely detail-oriented and patient, with extraordinary communication skills
● You are resilient and enjoy working independently
● You are passionate about identity issues and freedom of expression
● You are enthusiastic, adaptable and can quickly translate feedback into action
You’ll be responsible for:
● Organizing and prioritizing inbound requests
● Investigating, documenting, and resolving identity-related issues and correspondence, meeting deadlines and internal SLAs
● Providing clear, helpful, and complete responses to time-sensitive requests and issues
● Maintaining open, thorough, and regular communication with the global team
● Communicating explanations of policies and enforcement processes to cross-functional partners
● Assisting the team with policy-related research & drafting as needed
Strongly preferred experience:
● Prior experience at a tech company
● Prior experience working in a globally distributed team
● Experience in operations & process improvement
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
● Fluency in other language(s)
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is in Dublin, Ireland. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
NOTE: Potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!