Group Launch Manager, Twitter Service Launch Management
Who we are:
The Twitter Service organization creates meaningful connections with our customers that promote healthy exchange in the public conversation. We do this by developing and operating support solutions at scale in a rapidly changing global environment. The Launch team manages key initiatives for the Twitter Service organization, designed to implement world class support and operations for Twitter’s products, applications, and platform. We create clarity and focus for the organization to ensure we are meeting our collective, customer focused goals.
We are looking for an experienced delivery minded individual that can work across teams to create and execute project/program plans, motivate and leverage team strengths to deliver with speed AND quality.
Who you are: You have a passion for turning ideas into supportable operations and support experiences. You are a master of project management planning and delivery. You can influence without authority and are skilled at communicating across levels and functions. You are always looking to improve processes and are reflective on improving your own processes. You measure effectiveness and you make us better month over month. You are a relationship builder who cares passionately about the customer and how we deliver value each day. You enjoy managing people and helping them find their own passions. You have a bias for action and thrive in matrixed, fast paced environment.
If you are a leader who is committed to growing our team in program management thinking, and you are passionate about the intersection of speed and quality, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead functional and technical delivery of key team-, org-, and company-wide initiatives
- Develop and ensure organization-wide adoption of agile methodology to simplify project delivery
- Partner with stakeholders in a program and lead execution from concept to ship
The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years as a project manager or program manager (operations or support domain), or related discipline
- 3+ years as a people manager, with a track record for developing high performance teams
- Fluency with operational metrics and an appetite to define them and commit to improvement against them
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- You have proficiency in working with policy and engineering teams to ship products and processes with broad customer impact
- Power to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools. JIRA experience a bonus.
- Interest and capacity to coach and mentor project managers and champion growth
- Active Twitter usage and a fascination with bird names would be feathers in your cap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!