Engineering Manager - Email Recommendations
Engineering managers at Twitter provide the leadership needed to build technologies that flawlessly serve the billion tweets our users submit on a weekly basis. As Twitter evolves, we need managers to lead the engineering teams that make the world’s largest real-time system scalable and efficient.
Who We Are
Twitter's Growth teams are dedicated to getting the majority of the world to converse in public using Twitter. We are comprised of many teams across the company, including Product, Engineering, Design, and Data Science. These teams are responsible for understanding the entire user lifecycle, with the goal of helping users discover the value of Twitter, and ultimately paving the way for user acquisition and top line growth.
This mission is to instantly connect people with the conversations and audiences most meaningful to them. Realizing this goal involves work in areas such as machine learning, applied data science, recommendation systems, and information retrieval systems.
Do you want to make a huge impact while working with large data sets at scale? If so, a Growth team is a good fit for you! These high-impact teams value creativity, critical thinking, and teamwork. Consumer growth teams are hiring Machine Learning Engineers in the following areas:
What You'll do
We believe passion and personality matter. As such, we need someone who can lead diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements. We're looking for a leader who can communicate fearlessly and take an active role in shaping the future of Twitter engineering while embodying our core values. As a Manager for Email Recommendations you will:
- Initiate cross-function collaboration with Reliability Engineering, Product, and Design to develop high quality, focused products (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration).
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create consensus from all technical partners inside and outside the team.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Twitter as a company and how their work fits into 'the bigger picture'.
- Take responsibility for the group’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Partner with tech leads and senior engineers to gather system requirements in order to gut check new feature proposals and make large system improvements.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
Who You Are
- You are a strong source of engineering talent and comfortable closing applicants for your team and the business.
- You bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- You are a supporter of giving engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation they need to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- You have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and are comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution in the case of bad incidents.
- Previously managed a team of 4-8 engineers with responsibility for machine learning based products in production.
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!