Engineering Manager - Core Services
Who We Are: The Core Services group’s mission is to make it fast and easy for Twitter to build product features that are efficient and reliable at scale.
We are responsible for the application infrastructure for core domain objects - tweets, users, social graph, and URLs - that form the building blocks of the Twitter product plus internal interfaces and tools to conveniently and efficiently access Twitter data from a variety of sources.
Our work directly impacts the lives of our users and the success of our business.
Building and operating our high-scale distributed systems is a rewarding challenge. We are a tightly knit and passionate group that loves working together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock.
What You’ll Do: You will lead the team’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers. You will bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems. You and your team will collaborate cross-functionally with Reliability Engineering and Product to develop high-quality solutions. You will coach and mentor your team and support their professional growth and development.
Who You Are:
- You have experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- You have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and are comfortable helping drive incident resolution.
- You are experienced in performance management, career development, etc. You give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently.
- You can be a great source of engineering talent and comfortable closing candidates.
- You have led projects with a complicated stakeholder space and know how to build alignment across large sets of cross-functional peers.
- You have a track record of delivering new products to market and iteratively improving these products over time.
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate desired outcomes and motivate engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems. You make your arguments based on facts and data, but understand how to value and include intuition in the decision-making process.
- You are experienced with software engineering best practices and bring a disciplined approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt.
- Previously managed a team of 5 or more engineers
- Minimum of 2+ years in software management
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Have worked as a software developer
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.