Director of Global Marketing, Self-Serve Ads
The Self-Serve Ads (SSA) team teaches businesses of all sizes to succeed with Twitter Ads. We are a small, entrepreneurial team that has big impact for Twitter.
The Director of Global Marketing will own the overall strategy and execution of our demand generation programs. In this role, you will manage a team of marketers across multiple disciplines to identify new leads for our outbound teams, grow our base of self-serve advertisers and teach them to succeed. You will also be a key member of the SSA leadership team and will have an active role in driving the long term success of our business.
This role reports to the VP of Self-Serve Ads and is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Create a working environment where our team of content marketing, marketing operations and channel marketing professionals can do their best work, learn and grow while achieving business objectives.
- Own the overall SSA demand generation strategy where you will grow our business through globally oriented, multi-channel scaled marketing programs that:
- Deliver new high potential marketing qualified leads to our outbound sellers
- Acquire new self-serve advertisers
- Nurture existing advertisers by teaching them to succeed on Twitter Ads
- Intervene to help at-risk advertisers find success on Twitter Ads before they churn
- Reactivate churned advertisers by reacquainting them with the value of Twitter Ads
- Partner with regional SSA customer success teams to provide content, scaled marketing programs and other support of the sales and account management process.
- Partner with regional SSA marketers to support country or market specific efforts with global platforms.
- Partner with SSA data science and engineering teams to refine our ideal customer profile, identify new data driven marketing opportunities, design experiments and create new ways to drive success of our demand generation efforts.
- Build relationships with other business marketing, product marketing and research teams within Twitter to identify collaboration opportunities or ways to build off of their work.
- Lead other key strategic projects on an as needed basis and contribute to building a strong team culture and as a key member of the SSA leadership team.
- You have led large scale B2B demand generation programs targeting mid-market and SMB customers.
- You have directly managed teams of 10 or more people and have demonstrated your ability to provide strategic vision and exceptional mentorship within your organization.
- You have exceptional analytical capabilities and can demonstrate deep numerical literacy. You seek out the best available data to inform your plans and evaluate your impact.
- You value high quality creative execution and strive to continue to up-level the creative quality of marketing campaigns.
- You have excelled in fast paced, resource constrained environments where you don’t directly control all the variables and some of your key stakeholders may sit in other time zones.
- You can influence and inspire cross-functional teams and partners to contribute to your success, even if you don’t directly manage their priorities.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You seek out problems and solve them in innovative ways.
- You love Twitter. You could do this job anywhere, but you are passionate about wanting to do it here at Twitter.
- Minimum of 12 years of directly relevant experience.
- Experience with Marketing Automation (Eloqua experience is a plus, but not required) and Salesforce CRM.
- Deep understanding of SEM, SEO, inbound marketing, website optimization, email marketing triggers, lead scoring, paid social media and content marketing. (You may not be an expert in each of these tactics, but you understand how they can contribute to the overall demand generation strategy and can direct a group of experts to deliver results).
- Experience with Twitter Ads and a deep understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- A demonstrated passion for Twitter.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.