Deputy Lead, Curation Standards
Twitter’s Curation team is responsible for showcasing and contextualising the best events and stories that unfold on Twitter. Its work, visible across multiple product surfaces including trends and Moments, makes it easy for users to experience only-on Twitter conversations and get the most out of the platform.
The Twitter Curation team sits within Twitter's Consumer Product team, which works directly on developing the core Twitter product for our customers.
We’re looking for a highly-skilled Deputy Lead, Curation Standards, in London, UK, or Sydney, AU to help our global Curation team to hone its skills to meet the highest standards of accuracy, impartiality, consistency and transparency. This person will work closely with the Curation Standards Lead, with a focus on continuing to earn the trust of our growing audience in our curation. The ideal candidate has experience in editing, training and using Twitter content to craft stories. This hire will become well-versed in international media law, narrative best practices and linguistic and cultural differences across markets.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Driving a team commitment to accuracy, impartiality and transparency
- Applying a global lens to develop and train the Curation team on policies and best practices
- Using data to identify areas of opportunity for team training
- Supporting the global Curation team to improve consistency globally
- Providing actionable and constructive feedback to aid team and individual development
- Creating a positive culture that supports a strong commitment to high curation standards
- Communicating clearly and concisely with a multi-lingual, global team
- Assisting in defining priorities of the Curation Standards function
- Communicating clearly and concisely on policy questions and style updates
- Collaborating with leads and curators to develop training, policies and guidance
- Triaging internal and external customer feedback
- Identifying training opportunities based on publishing data
- Mentoring new hires as part of the onboarding process
- Supporting the leads and curators on daily questions about standards and style
- Assisting with other strategic projects as they develop
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent education
- Written and verbal fluency in English; other languages a plus
- 5+ years of experience working in journalism, experience with copy editing or training a plus
- Expertise and passion for accuracy and impartiality
- Extensive experience of using Twitter, preferably as a tool in reporting
- Experience with newsgathering tools like Tweetdeck, Curator, Dataminr for News, etc.
- Second language fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic or Japanese is not required but preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!