Demand Planning Analyst
Who are We:
Twitter Supply Engineering team is seeking a Demand Planning Analyst, who is passionate about developing demand/fulfillment plans for building out large scale hardware infrastructure to join our team. We play a key role within Twitter Supplier Engineering, developing demand signal generation, supply plans for large scale hardware infrastructure that span the organization over multiple platforms.
You should have a proven operational track record in working with demand-supply plans to develop server rack build plans, worked with master production schedules, simulating materials requirement plans. You will assist the team with product transitions for server/storage systems and key components.
What You'll do:
You will be responsible for validation of demand signals, adding to the overall designing and maintaining hardware sourcing plans, align efforts with Hardware Engineering on new product transitions and Datacenter Engineering around hardware delivery and deployment. You will contribute to the integration of a wide variety of server capacity plans into a single sourcing plan necessary for delivering hardware capacity to a complex supply chain ecosystem for Twitter’s growing hardware fleet, while optimizing resources to stay within budget.
This position will offer an exciting work environment, multi-functional exposure and chance to create an impact on Twitter's Infrastructure delivery and customer happiness by driving processes, solutions and tool development for Infrastructure Planning. All the while, developing a broad expertise in Twitter infrastructure and data center technologies and the tools used to monitor and review hardware capacity utilization.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaboration with Platform Engineering and developers in sizing server capacity requirements for capacity needs based on utilization levels
- You will assist in development of spend forecasts for capital expenditure.
- Evaluation of risks, plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate supply constraints to support infrastructure demand
- You will assist with analyzing age of server fleet and craft tech-refresh scenarios for replacement with new and efficient hardware that will optimize on TCO, space and performance
- Work with finance, operations, and engineering to perform cost and requirements analysis for current and future projects
- You will apply statistical techniques on fulfillment and supply inventory datasets to: i) measure results and show trends, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) model and predict stocking levels.
- Maintain & publish business metrics for server and network hardware
- Ability to build business relationships and gain consensus.
- Assisting in sourcing of hardware and services
- Level-set expectations of all interested parties, define clear projects with key deliverable and milestone dates
Who You Are / Basic Qualifications:
- Degree in Finance, Business, Supply Chain, Economics or other quantitative field.
- 3 to 5+years of experience working with or building a demand plan/supply planning/MRP
- Do you have an in-depth knowledge of Excel? Can you build a model? Or shape imperfect data?
- Experience involving quantitative data analysis to trouble-shoot problems with the ability to think strategically and tactically
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail with excellent organizational skills, especially in technical engineering discussions.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Experience working in fast-growth, large-scale environment
- Key competencies required in this position are infrastructure acumen, a working knowledge of finance, interpersonal savvy, planning, priority setting, problem solving, and time management. There is a strong process and systems focus.
- Effective spreadsheet modeling and data analysis skills in Excel and experience with Tableau
- Experience in server capacity planning and provisioning for Compute and Hadoop services for deployment in data centers, not necessary, but a big plus.
- Experience with using CLI / Bash Commands and other processing languages, not necessary, but a big plus.
- Experience with gathering and defining tool and process requirements to improve the Twitter hardware delivery lifecycle.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!