Curator I, LATAM
The Curator I position on the Twitter Curation team calls for a skilled curator of digital media, who is capable of quickly and accurately identifying the best Twitter content in Tweets, photos, and videos. This position is based in Sao Paulo, but it is focused on Latin America, managing content in Portuguese and Spanish.
The ideal candidate has a good grasp of a variety of mainstream topics and, in addition, a deep understanding of one or more mainstream content verticals (News, Politics, Sports, Entertainment, etc.) and has experience collecting Tweets in order to narrate and explain a story in those areas. As a member of our global curation team, this hire will use those skills to present unique content experiences in real-time to Twitter users. This individual must also be a strong communicator, both offline and online, who is a team player and excited to collaborate with and learn from colleagues around the world who have different points of view and areas of expertise.
This position is full-time. Candidates will need to be available to work nights and weekends and should be very familiar with Twitter’s diverse and passionate communities and users.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Identifying events, conversations and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
- Curating live streams of Twitter content across various topics
- Weaving stories from Tweets to create compelling, narratively-driven Moments
- Working quickly and under time pressure without sacrificing accuracy
- Communicating early, clearly, and often when collaborating on short and long-term assignments with local as well as global colleagues
- Providing incisive feedback on use of internal tools
- Work experience: 2+ years of experience working in journalism, social media, and/or publishing
- Deep knowledge of one or more content areas (News, Politics, Sports, Entertainment, etc.)
- Experience curating Tweets in real-time or for publishing
- Extensive experience using Twitter — preferably as a reporting tool for a media outlet(s)
- Experience with news gathering tools such as Tweetdeck, Dataminr, etc. is preferred
- Education: BA/BS degree required
- Fluency in English & Spanish
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!