Business Systems Manager
Twitter is looking for an experienced Business Systems Manager for our Record to Report team to perform and lead technology-related activities and projects within the Accounting department. The successful candidate will also serve as the Accounting department liaison to the Finance and IT Project Management Office (“PMO”) providing accounting-focused business analysis, expertise and guidance.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of combined experience in Accounting and business system administration from public companies.
Seeking a forward-thinking, puzzle-solving, inspiring team member to challenge the status quo and apply advanced technology to streamline data flows and drive efficiency. This role requires excellent communication, organization, ability to manage and work with cross-functional team, and has a continuous process improvement mind-set.
- Working alongside the Senior Accounting Systems Manager to support all accounting related aspects of Oracle and related systems such as ERP, CloudIO, Account Reconciliation Manager (ARM), Robotics Process Automation Software, etc.
- Administer and maintain Hyperion Account Reconciliation Manager (ARM), and act as subject matter expert to collaborate with IT team.
- Maintain all segments from Oracle Master Database, including but not limit to review all segment changes requested by FP&A and Accounting Team. Work closely with FP&A, Accounting Team, and IT team to evaluate the changes is necessary before approval.
- Support Accounting team in testing; perform user acceptance testing on new and changed functionality, tracking enhancements, issues and pain-points to improve accounting & finance operational processes.
- Prepare monthly deck for system related enhancement or changes within RTR team.
- Maintain the RTR volume metric in Tableau.
- Understand objectives, processes and the technology environment within Accounting. Assist in designing, managing and overseeing the process to identify and prioritize accounting technology needs.
- Coordinate with accounting functions and systems to ensure thorough and accurate financials that comply with GAAP and meet all external compliance requirements.
- Define, implement, and support accounting reporting strategies (addressing internal and external reporting and static and ad hoc reporting needs) to ensure efficient and effective use of reporting tools and technologies.
- Lead system related projects / enhancements, and provide business analysis for accounting team activities related to technology projects (implementations, upgrades/enhancements, product evaluations, ongoing maintenance, etc.) and assist in defining and communicating the business requirements to IT/PMO.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or other closely related field. Past experience in different areas of accounting/finance preferred.
- Strong finance functional expertise, business process knowledge, and understanding of GAAP and SOX 404 compliance.
- Effective communication skills - including the capability to listen to the needs of others, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to work well with all levels of an organization.
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Past experience in managing master data preferred.
- Experience with Oracle ERP, CloudIO, ARM, and Tableau a big plus.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!