Backend Software Engineer - Self Serve Ads - Dublin
Who we are:
We are responsible for helping to drive global initiatives for Twitter's Self Serve Ads (SSA) team. This Engineering team focuses on the technical challenges that can drive better usability, functionality, and delivery of marketing and customer success content to our self-serve advertisers. The team utilizes a data driven, analytical and programmatic approach to projects - from design to launch. These projects help generate significant revenue growth and commit directly to advertisers’ satisfaction and is accomplished through collaborating extensively with cross-functional teams across Marketing, Data Science, Customer Success, Operations and Engineering.
What you’ll do:
As an experienced engineer you will have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s most highly-scaled distributed systems. You will review requirements, design systems, collaborate with partners, prioritize and lead projects not only in terms of technical ability but also with quality, efficiency, building / maintaining quality technical and non-technical documentation.
You are able to:
- Support / promote high-quality work, software standard methodologies, and attention to detail
- Analyze, prioritize, and strategize incoming projects using critical thinking
- Work with data scientist partners, build data pipelines and systems that deploy machine learning algorithms at scale
- Build and maintain software systems, both large and small
- Engineer systems of varying architectures
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Diagnose, and troubleshoot complex distributed problems and develop solutions
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering and non-engineering teams
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise is in at least one the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, C++
- Backend development experience with a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, large-scale data processing
- Experience with the entire SDLC
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical mindset
- Well-versed in software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and work in a fast paced, startup-like environment
- Previous experience with Hadoop, Scalding, Thrift/Protocol Buffers, SQL/Vertica or other relational databases
- Experience with product requirements gathering, evaluating business goals, or evaluating the overall goal / big picture of a project
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!