Strategic Sourcing Manager (Marketing)
The Global Sourcing and Procurement team helps maximize value from Twitter’s supplier relationships and ensures our Indirect categories have the goods and services they need to succeed.
This role, based in San Francisco, CA, will lead all aspects of sourcing transactions, from category assessment, vendor due diligence, RFx, negotiations, and vendor management, across a variety of categories (especially Marketing, Sales, Market Research and Services). The Strategic Sourcing Manager will collaborate closely with various business partners across the company for their Sourcing needs. In this position, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will get a broad understanding of Twitter’s overall business, be provided with great visibility and understanding across the organization, and be responsible for leading the Sourcing efforts for global marketing categories.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct detailed market and vendor research, and is able to communicate these findings through meaningful research summaries
- Specific project tasks may include market research & analysis, data collection/management, cost modeling, RFx strategy development, RFx creation and management, supplier communications, negotiations, contracting, and supplier performance management
- Support Sourcing team to capture product and service specifications from business owners for RFx activities and vendor business reviews
- Assist in the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision-making
- Support the execution of spend management projects that accomplish key objectives. Those objectives may include savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved visibility & control of expenditures
- Able to develop presentations for internal stakeholder communications/updates with guidance
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations, perform supply-market research and conduct pricing audits and impact analysis for the pursuit of continuous cost improvements
- Coach, lead or formally manage others in Strategic Sourcing team
Business Partner Related
- Collaborate as needed with each and every person in the organization in a personable, approachable manner
- Support internal customers by facilitating accurate and favorable transactions, and on-going supplier management and accountability
- Collaborate to build best spend management practices and technology trends
- Effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to Business Partners and leadership as appropriate and actively enlist their support
- Communicate with Business Partners, coworkers and management in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Maintain a high level of ‘Customer Focus’ attitude
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for sourcing and contracting with suppliers: experience in procurement, consulting or account management
- Demonstrated skills in rigorous, data-driven analyses that drive creative problem solving, proposal preparation, and negotiation
- You have excellent quantitative skills with the ability to dissect problems
- Demonstrated skills in rigorous, fact-based analyses that drive creative problem solving, proposal preparation, and negotiation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail (including reviewing contacts)
- Bachelor's degree preferably with an analytical focus (Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Supply Chain, etc). MBA or JD is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in fast-paced multinational technology company experience preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- You have excellent communication & presentation skills
- Willing to travel approximately 5% of working time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!