Sr. Manager, MoPub Revenue Strategy and Operations
Who we are:
The Revenue Strategy and Operations team @Twitter partners with Global Sales and Revenue Product teams to grow revenue, craft and execute go-to-market strategies and manage processes and systems to enable productivity.
About the role:
As a lead in the Revenue Strategy and Operations Manager (RSOM) team, you will run the RSOM function for the MoPub business, a mobile ad exchange acquired by Twitter. You will be looked to as a key business partner and leader of the MoPub organization. You will build and execute core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, facilitating key decision making, and managing systems and tools development. In your role you will also take up a broad spectrum of special projects ranging from: developing resource allocation models, designing org structure and operating model frameworks, supporting strategic business development deals, and conducting product/market opportunity assessments. You will work very closely with senior leaders in the MoPub business and cross-functional Twitter teams to quickly understand issues and implement solutions.
The ideal candidate is a leader, adviser, self-starter, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You do not shy away from rolling up your sleeves and creating solutions to problems that have not been tackled yet. Your hunger for driving impact is only matched by your hunger for working at Twitter and MoPub.
How does success in this role look like?
- Deeply embed with the MoPub team and become the operations backbone.
- Be highly proactive in effectively and quickly driving strategic and operational initiatives across the org
- Create innovative, data-driven strategies to enable operational objectives.
- Lead significant short- and long-term efforts contributing to the overall growth,productivity, and ultimately profitability of MoPub and Twitter.
- Build strong relationships cross-functionally with senior leaders across the Twitter Sales, Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Accounting orgs.
- Participates as part of the MoPub leadership team, facilitating key decisions and driving execution across both commercial and product objectives.
- Communicates priorities, activities, and results to the larger org, while ensuring deliverables are met. Has a strong pulse and feedback loop on the team needs.
- Helps build a successful and healthy team: review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes.
- Represents MoPub as key liaison in coordinating with other internal planning functions (e.g. Finance, Accounting, HR, etc.). Identifies and takes on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives.
- Develops content and drives communication across MoPub and rest of the company, communicating regular business updates, key results, and consolidating strategic plans for review with the Twitter executive team and the Board.
- Incubates analytical frameworks, systems and tools development, and strategic BD deal economics to identify and execute on growth opportunities for the business.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a combination of management/strategy consulting and technology company experience.
- Deep experience with sales and business operations required. B2B internet business models such as ad-supported and subscription/licensing strongly preferred.
- Strong business analyst, demonstrating success in uncovering and building cases for new growth opportunities, as well as recognizing threats to a business. Ability to apply effective financial and analytical frameworks.
- Sophisticated operational experience in the Internet, consumer, media/entertainment, or information business segment highly preferred.
- Demonstrated impact via one or more key strategic initiatives.
- Proven excellence in all areas of strategy development, including project management, problem-solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development.
- Able to operate in an unstructured, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to filter out noise to address highest priorities.
- Proven ability to lead through influence and strong potential as a future leader.
- Proven results working with senior leaders, while having the emotional intelligence to be effective cross-functionally.
- Experience partnering with diverse technical and non-technical teams, spanning all organizational levels and geographies.
- Equally facile operating at the 50,000-foot level and the granular level. Able to coach but willing get your hands dirty as required.
- Clear and precise communication and presentation skills.
- Global experience is a plus.
- Competence with SQL or any other form of database / analytical packages
- The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will have earned an undergraduate degree from top-tier institutions. Graduate degrees are a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!