Software Engineer (Backend) - Brand Advertising
Who We Are:
Twitter’s Brand Innovation team is Twitter’s revenue innovation center, creating products used by the world’s biggest brands. From the company that invented native advertising (ads that look and feel the same as organic content), it’s at our core to build products that feel natural and authentic to our platform. Come build the next generation of product creatives that empower marketers to tell the most interesting, relevant stories in the world, and make a meaningful contribution to an iconic company.
Who You Are:
- You want to design and implement awesome new consumer features through data-driven experimentation at Twitter scale.
- You enjoy discussing, building, and evaluating early stage products, working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams across the company.
- You enjoy combining your innovative instincts with rigorous quantitative analysis and A/B testing to guide new product development.
- You are intrigued by the challenge of balancing moving quickly and cutting appropriate corners with new products, while maintaining and growing billions of dollars of revenue.
- You can balance innovation with long-term thinking, and you are excited by the opportunity to play a role in re-architecting Twitter’s Ads infrastructure while launching new, high-impact prodcuts.
What You’ll Do:
Here’s a sample of products this team has built:
- Promoted Trends Spotlight - a product that allows advertisers to take over the Explore tab.
- An entirely new product for marketers to sponsor premium Live Nation concerts, live streamed on Twitter.
- Sponsored hashtag emojis, where brands can create custom emojis for their hashtags
- Ads that give users an easy way to join a conversation with brands and other Twitter users.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or other quantitative field (or equivalent working experience)
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding backgrounds
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience building and running systems with high availability requirements.
- Well versed in software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Drive to teach and lead teams by example to maintain a high level of code quality and operational excellence.
- Experience with Scala and Java
- Expertise in at least one Object-Oriented or Functional Language
- Background in data analysis, quantitative modeling, math/statistics.
- Experience exhibiting leadership on a team through th end-to-end product development cycle with customer focus and iterative A/B testing
- Experience with Ads.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience with rapid product development.
Experience with web infrastructure and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with lifecycle of services: design, deployment, monitoring, and operation.
- Experience defining SLO’s and running high-availability services.
- Experience with client-side (web, iOS, or Android) development.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!