Project Manager - Trust & Safety Legal Policy
Who We Are
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department are on the front lines of safety, speech, and policy issues that affect the Internet. We work to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
What You’ll Do
Twitter Trust & Safety seeks an experienced, goal-oriented, self-motivated teammate to join our Legal Policy (LP) team to help keep our legal process operations and policy-related responsibilities organized and on track. LP incorporates our Information Requests (IR) team, which handles legal requests for user data and our Removal Requests (RR) team, which handles legal requests to remove content from Twitter. If you're organized, analytical, focused, proactive, and have project management, tool development, and global operations experience we'd very much like to speak to you. The following are the responsibilities this role will have:
- Lead team process in creating and tracking project progress for LP objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Drive and strategically represent LP priorities across various cross-functional projects including biannual contributions to Twitter’s Transparency Report
- Implement program to streamline, improve, and assess recurring LP project work
- Provide teammates with useful frameworks (Gantt, Scrum, etc.) and tools to organize and drive individual and team projects to completion
- Determine team tooling and process improvement requirements, track dependencies, and effectively communicate with stakeholders and advocate for critical LP needs to improve operations and efficiency
- Represent LP in T&S-wide meetings related to OKRs or project work, and provides updates to LP, where relevant
- Maintain LP on-call rotation and oversee other team-wide scheduling needs, highlighting issues to LP management
- Assist LP’s global operations head with metrics and dashboard improvements to further streamline operations, maintain adequate coverage, and maximize team resources
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements for existing processes and policies, working closely with teammates and LP management
- Improve LP’s internal documentation across all team functions (e.g., policies, workflows, tooling, escalations, etc.) through creation of standards/templates and implementing processes for keeping documentation up-to-date
- Handle team localization processes and related projects, in conjunction with cross-functional partners
- Manage team access permissions and related issues
- Maintain regular communication with distributed teams to gather feedback on team needs, updates, and improvements across policy creation, workflows, tooling and other areas
- Keep LP management up-to-speed on progress against project deadlines, potential blockers, and other key developments
- Assist in streamlining communications among teammates and stakeholders to meet deadlines, produce necessary work product, and achieve team goals
- Keep LP informed about other relevant T&S or company-wide product updates and changes
- Work across LP to help the team demonstrate the impact of recently-shipped policies, workflows, and features with metrics and information
WHO YOU ARE
- You have:
- Strong organizational and project management experiences, with a consistent track record of handling multiple projects to successful completion
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; can effectively communicate with teams and individuals of all levels
- Excellent business judgment and critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; able to achieve results through collaboration with managers and individual contributors within and outside of T&S and LP
- Exemplary problem-solving and analytical skills; proactively recognizing needs, mitigating problems, anticipating issues, and developing solutions
- You can:
- Collaborate with a global multicultural team of stakeholders with various priorities
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure and time constraints
- Proactively recognize needs, anticipate issues, and propose viable solutions
- You are:
- Highly adaptable, patient, flexible, and determined
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, including more advanced skills (e.g., pivot tables)
- Results-oriented and self-motivated/driven; capable of working independently with both local and distributed teams with minimal guidance
- Patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded
- A total team player
- 3 - 5 years of project management experience at a technology company or in a legal setting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
- Comfort with JIRA, Confluence, and Salesforce
- SQL, Vbasic Coding, G-Script and Tableau
- Project management certifications (e.g., scrum master, PMP)
- Previous experience with policy creation, content moderation, and/or legal document intake and processing
- Proficiency in a second language
- Interest and awareness of global events
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You may be exposed to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to, vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is full-time in San Francisco, CA. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!