Network Engineer- Datacenter Engineering
Who We Are
Twitter's Datacenter Network Engineering team manages the networking infrastructure within Twitter’s owned and managed data center locations. We provide design and support for Twitter’s many internal customers serving the fleet of thousands of servers and services.
Who You Are
You are a Network Engineer who has had hands-on experience with high density datacenter and backbone networking topologies, configuration, security, troubleshooting, and traffic management.
What You’ll Do
- Deployment of network devices in datacenters and POPs
- Plan and deploy datacenter network capacity
- Provisioning and turn-up of datacenter networking clusters
- Configuration, testing and validation of hardware and circuits
- Qualification of hardware and software
- Trouble resolution and escalation 24x7 On-call rotation
- Diagnose and correlate network events, identify root causes, and develop remediation strategies
- NMS configuration, validation and operation
- Tracking and planning of capacity
- Documentation of incident post-mortems
- Proactive performance and uptime monitoring
- Change management, process, documentation & response procedures
- Participate in consistent improvement by refining tools and automation
- Expert understanding and hands-on experience with internal routing protocols and configuration, specifically BGP, ISIS, OSPF
- JNCIS or equivalent experience with Juniper platform
- Strong knowledge of Datacenter Design and Operation at scale, with a focus on BGP, Clos design, configuration and management
- Strong knowledge of high connection rate load-balancing
- Working knowledge of large backbone and datacenter networks
- Fundamental understanding of CDN, DNS, Anycast and traffic engineering
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in high capacity networking within the datacenter (>1Tbps)
- JNCIS or equivalent vendor certification
- 4+ years of direct involvement with network configurations in a high demand/high capacity production environment
- Proficiency in multiple hardware vendor syntax including Juniper, Arista, Force10, Cisco
- Experience with A10 and/or F5 load balancer hardware and software
- Experience with scripting in Python and automating network operations activities
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!