IT Systems Engineer II
Who We Are
At Twitter our IT Infrastructure team focuses on implementing and supporting systems to help our internal customers meet their day-to-day operational needs. We are responsible for establishing baseline infrastructure including virtual environments, file storage, and network engineering and administration.
Our IT Infrastructure team partners with our IT End User Services and IT Applications teams to support the corporate environment, as well as working with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy technology environment.
What You’ll Do
The responsibility of this position includes contributing to support and maintenance of a wide array of services, including an estate of Linux and Windows servers as well as the puppet configuration management to automate their function. You will design and manage most of the systems that each of our customers uses on a daily basis, including the phone system, the internal DNS/DHCP, NetApp storage units and our VMWare services within each of our offices and data centers. As part of this job, developing and maintaining analytics for system performance and health are also required.
Who You Are
To continually strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer, to help build, deploy and manage our internal infrastructure. As an integral member of the broader IT Infrastructure team, this position will be responsible for developing and maintaining creative solutions in support of our business partner’s evolving requirements. If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with these responsibilities:
- Building and managing complex software stacks on Linux and Windows
- Running root cause analysis for infrastructure related troubleshooting
- Develop technical designs and solution recommendations
- Partnering with vendors, internal IT Engineers and working with multiple business partners to develop solutions against departmental roadmaps
- Partner with other internal engineering teams and third party vendors to develop consistent and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with internal audit and compliance teams to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risks
- Contributing to design, code review, and release management as part of the oversight of our internal software development lifecycle
- Work with other members of the broader IT team for coordinated solution delivery
- Provide input on and help maintain standard operating procedures
- Help mentor junior members of the team
- Contribute to a 24/7 oncall schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Ability to translate business needs to technical solutions
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in an aggressive, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Team oriented approach
- 5 to 8 years of experience on
- Systems Engineering for Corporate Infrastructure
- Managing large server estates for Linux and Windows
- Virtualization at scale
- Configuration Management
- Managing scalable storage
- Developing and maintaining supporting metrics for systems
- Writing design documents
- Working in a source-controlled environment.
- Experience working within an Agile development framework
- Disciplined approach in producing and maintaining documentation
- Ability to demonstrate scripting capability in Python or Perl
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!