IT Application Engineering Manager - Digital Marketing Systems
Who We Are
At Twitter our IT Enterprise Applications team focuses on implementing and supporting applications to help our internal customers meet their operational needs. We are responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy application environment. Our manager of Digital Marketing Systems will help guide the design and development of highly scalable business application solutions, partnering with peers and stakeholders across the Marketing Technology landscape. As an integral member of the IT Applications team, they will be responsible for day-to-day management of a team of engineers who are dedicated to developing innovative solutions in support of our business partner’s evolving requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the design, implementation and deployment of Java platform based solutions to internal business teams within Twitter.
- Management of departmental resources, coaching, enhancing, and supporting a best-in-class engineering team.
- Continue to build an effective team by driving the recruiting and hiring of engineers, conducting performance reviews, and supporting individual growth
- Provide leadership and guidance to develop business process automation solutions to Twitter Marketing teams.
- Collaborate with architects and engineers to develop technical designs and solution recommendations.
- Work with internal product managers, partner with multiple business stakeholders, and develop solutions for departmental roadmap items.
- Partner with other internal engineering teams and third party vendors to develop consistent and scalable solutions.
- Lead and guide design, code review, and release management as part of the oversight of our internal software development lifecycle.
- Work with other members of the broader IT Applications team for coordinated delivery.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of Java/J2EE stack based software solutions.
- Ability to translate business needs to technical solutions
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively interact across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in an aggressive, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Team oriented approach
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE based enterprise wide experience
- Excellent knowledge of Java based technical architecture
- Knowledge of REST based web services.
- Experience with enterprise integration frameworks and SOA best practices
- Experience as an IT Manager or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- ITIL knowledge or certification a plus
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Occasional travel as needed
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!