Contract role - 6 months
Who We Are
Twitter is the window to the world. Our mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We believe the open exchange of information can be a compelling force for good in the world, and have built Twitter to be the real-time public platform for authentic voices, conversations, and ideas. That is what makes Twitter unique.
We are empowered to use our creativity and follow our passions to serve the public conversation and we do it as a global team with smart, talented, and humble people. The Talent Experience team’s mission is to innovate and create to enable Twitter to hire and engage the best talent so we can achieve this mission. The Learning Talent Experience team helps achieve this mission by developing a global learning and development programs to support Talent Acquisition, our people and partners.
What You'll Do
You’ll play a key role in elevating the recruiting learning program by designing a learning experience for our Talent Acquisition team. By utilizing adult learning theory, you’ll be designing and evaluating content and collateral. In addition to contributing visual design, you will also work on testing and recommending tools and processes that help execute learning experiences with our coordinator and program manager. You’ll contribute to the development of learning solutions to integrate with solutions we have for different audiences (including managers, leaders, and individual contributors).
Who You Are
- You are an instructional designer with a strong focus on design and development skills.
- You have solid knowledge of adult learning theories and experience with instructional design methodologies.
- You are enthusiastic about making learning collateral appealing and fun.
- You understand that learning experiences need to be user-friendly and engaging.
- You are able to design all the elements of a learning experience from communication, to E-learning and classroom collateral, to name a few.
- You have proven success as a hands-on, contributing member of a team in a dynamic company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Concise communication; able to adapt to the needs of one’s audience
- Designing and writing exceptional course materials to support a variety of delivery types, including self-paced, video, in-person, and virtual).
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts to build effective and relevant course content
- Develop collateral that is elegant, clear, concise, persuasive that excites engages and inspires readers
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, managing input while owning and driving the development timeline forward
- Experience with online learning and web authoring tools and multimedia (HTML5, CSS3, Articulate, Captivate, Dreamweaver, AfterEffects, iMovie)
- Graphic/Web Design experience (Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience with virtual training tools
- Experience with social learning and bringing communities of practice together online
- Excellent design thinking skills; you can take something that is deficient or incomplete and turn it into something amazing.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or in related field.
- Minimum 4+ years experience in Learning and/or Visual Design (preference both)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
In accordance with U.S. immigration law, we will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!