Head of Communications - UK (London)
We are currently seeking a PR expert to help manage public communications for Twitter in the UK. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with UK media and the ability to create and implement strategic PR plans that support Twitter’s business objectives. We are looking for someone who has experience with both consumer and B2B PR - the role will initially cover all aspects of Twitter’s UK comms and eventually focus more on B2B, corporate and product PR. This role requires the ability to explain the dimensions of Twitter’s product strengths and strategic vision to the media. Our ideal candidate will be hard-working, proactive and have a love of consumer technology and Twitter.
- Help communicate the value of Twitter for businesses by securing coverage the explains the benefits of using Twitter organically and our advertising products
- Implement programs and campaigns, in conjunction with the PR agency team, that help drive user growth and engagement
- Work with the technology media to highlight product announcements and explain new features
- Manage incoming media inquiries
- Collaborate closely with the communications team in San Francisco and European communications lead in Dublin to ensure that local initiatives are consistent with global strategy
- Identify relevant speaking opportunities, manage incoming requests, and support speakers public events
- Develop and write communications plans, blog posts, statements, and Tweets
- Minimum seven years experience in a combination of consumer technology communications and B2B PR
- Hands-on experience with consumer technology and/or media company
- Strong writing, editing and messaging skills
- Strong skills in collaboration, project management and planning
- Existing relationships with UK media Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, amiable, a good colleague and collaborator
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Communication skills that make working with remote colleagues efficient and effective
- Ability to work independently and proactively to develop / execute on programs and achieve measurable results
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!