Hardware Sustaining Engineer:
Who are We:
Twitter is looking for a talented hardware sustaining engineer to ensure the continued operation of our server hardware. We have built a large server fleet, but like all complicated endeavors they take work to keep running optimally. We're looking for someone to spot, correct, and prevent issues before they become a major problem.
What You'll do:
You will join our Hardware Engineering team, and will have a focus on keeping our hardware running. We expect this role to own upkeep and firmware maintenance, as well as implementing corrective and preventive actions. This position will work closely with Hardware Engineers and Datacenter Engineering to ensure our repair and replacement expectations are met. You should solve problems quickly, and ensure the best outcome for the business.
Who You Are:
You should know server hardware and general sustaining practices. We expect you can work with internal groups to drive our vendors to meet their contractual commitments, and identify any sustaining and supply gaps in the operation of our fleet of servers.
- Manage firmware updates, corrective, and preventive actions designed to improve overall hardware quality.
- Assist hardware development and quality teams in debugging and root causing issues, then develop and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Work with data center techs on RMA and repair activities - including qualifying and identifying replacement parts
- Work with supply and server teams to monitor EOL activities, qualify replacement components and maintain replacement matrix
- Loop feedback to design teams to improve sustainability of new platforms
- Provide feedback to manufacturing vendors to improve tests to catch problems before servers are delivered to the data centers.
- We'd like for to have BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent 5+ years professional experience in software and system engineering.
- You have knowledge of server and storage hardware.
- You should have experience with generating reports in Excel, Python, or other tools.
- You have experience leading RMAs, and raising issues with vendors.
- The applicant should have a working knowledge of Linux.
- You possess an understanding of sustaining models.
- You have strong verbal and written communication
- A detail oriented and balanced applicant who can handle rapid execution in a dynamic environment.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!