Fixed Asset Senior Accountant
We have a job opening for a Fixed Assets Senior Accountant position located in San Francisco. This position will be responsible for maintaining the Company’s fixed assets capitalization process, prepaid and accruals of assets related account and overseeing the integrity and maintenance of all internal and external fixed asset reporting.
As a Fixed Assets Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for many aspects of accounting related activities including proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, the monthly close, and balance sheet account reconciliation in a fast-paced, non-traditional environment. In addition, you will help to maintain and partner with our Operations team for all data center and IT equipment acquisitions. You will work with Finance, Sourcing and Data Center Operations and participate in the complete life cycle of asset management.
You will also participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and prepare schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. Lastly, due to the various data sources feeding the general ledger, you will be partnering with various functions across the organization to ensure financial reporting objectives, along with partner success are achieved.
· Responsible for GL Fixed Assets accounting including: Owned Equipment, Internal Capitalized Software and other fixed assets accrued expenses.
· Responsible for GL SAAS functional area which includes the execution of monthly accounting close process and ensure results are accurate and in compliance with US GAAP.
· Work with teams within the Controller’s organization as well as cross-functionally with Finance, Sourcing, A/P, IT, Tech Ops, and R&D teams.
· Responsible for monthly close activities including account reconciliations and flux analysis and month end close reporting
· Work with Data Center operations team to ensure we have a plan to refresh assets that are coming to end of term.
· Partner with FP&A and the business to understand planned monthly activities and forecasting.
· Manage and track P&L accounts related to Software, Maintenance, Equipment, Property Taxes and Depreciation
· Responsible for SOX compliance activities within related areas, including executing on key controls, updating SOX documentation and supporting testing efforts
· Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit with the external auditors
· Review (Prepare) supporting schedules for the 10Q and 10K reports, along with supporting the SEC team on reviewing the reporting packages with particular focus on Lease Commitment Schedule
· Identify and execute on the implementation of process improvements related to areas of responsibility
· Work with outside consultants and staff to shift the internal controls from transaction level controls to entity level controls.
· Perform various special projects
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 4 years’ of overall combined accounting experience in a Big 4 or regional firm and industry with experience in the application of ASC 842
· Understand key financial metrics like, NPV, ROI,
· Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
· Process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
· Oracle experience (R12)
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!