Financial Analyst I
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for a financial analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team. We partner with and support the Customers organization. Your overarching responsibility will be digging deep into the data to enhance current analysis for business partners. The role will be hands-on in analyzing actual results to develop everything from historical trend analysis to models that can guide our expense forecasts. At Twitter you will gain a comprehensive understanding of financial reporting both as it pertains to the sales organization and how it fits into Twitter at large.
What You'll Do:
• Build dynamic forecasting models for major expense line items to support business decisions, significant transactions, and explore financial impacts of potential opportunities
• Facilitate the preparation, reporting and analysis of annual budgets, quarterly forecast and monthly estimates
• Create reports for business leaders on a regular basis that provide insight into current quarter results compared to forecast and budget
• Analyze financial data, summarize, and provide a concise and meaningful narrative discussion of discrepancies
• Assist in the month-end close process (variance analysis, presentations for business leaders, etc.)
• Develop ad hoc analyses and reports for management as requested
Who You Are:
• A budding expert in financial modeling and quantitative analysis
• Enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems; looks for the story within the data
• Strong attention to detail with a penchant for efficiency and drive to execute results
• Keen sense of prioritizing deliverables in line with team objectives in a very fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree with strong academic record
• 1-2 years of data or analytical work experience a plus
• Superior financial modeling skills (excel/google sheets)
• Experience with Essbase is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!