Engineering Manager, Revenue Platforms (Revenue Serving Platform)
Who We Are
We are a team of distributed systems software engineers that are responsible for placing each and every ad that Twitter serves. We decide how best to balance infrastructure scalability problems with need for supporting our growing ads business and products. Our team owns the ad server, optimizes the ad delivery systems performance, build and maintains the serving business logic, AB experimentation framework, and monitors the health of our overall ads business. We operate at an insane scale. We prioritize impact, routinely deliver material improvements to our revenue, and work across the entire ads ecosystem. We are high leverage and high potential. We work in a close sync with our executive staff (including our GM, CFO, and VP of Sales).
Who You Are
You are an engineering manager with a strong background in scalable distributed systems. You are principled and are looking to play a critical role at a very public company operating a multi-billion dollar business. You have a track record of establishing long-term visions for teams and then making them successful against those visions. You lead, manage and mentor contributors on your team. You’re skilled at communicating the results of technical work to executives, as well as proactively changing priorities and tactics for your team in response to strategic changes at the executive level.
- Establish the vision and mission of where the Ads Serving team will be one year from now.
- Be an engineering and distributed systems talent magnet to make the team successful in your established mission
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and the team.
- Facilitate the use of data and evangelize data-driven practices across that ads organization.
- Be responsible for the team’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Previously managed a team of 5+ contributors and has 1+ years of management experience. Experience with building products, taking them to the market and iterating and improving them over time.
- Previous experience as a backend or distributed systems software engineer individual contributor or manager of software engineers.
- Familiarity with basic fundamentals of computer science and distributed systems.
- BS computer science
- Past experience in ad tech
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.