Engineering Manager, Reliability Engineer
Who We Are:
Twitter’s Platform team is seeking qualified engineering manager applicants to join our Command Center. Join the team responsible for leading incidents to resolution at twitter. Build tools and instrument automation to make sure that they don't happen again. Our job is to increase reliability of the Twitter service by providing continuous site monitoring, oversight/management of key control processes, effective communication around reliability related events, and write the tools to automate it.
What You’ll Do:
We believe passion and personality matter; as such, we need leaders that can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing day to day people management with moving the business forward both technically and culturally.
As an Engineering Manager in our Twitter Command Center, you will lead a team of engineers who are working to keep Twitter available and reliable. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own and drive your team of engineers engaging in Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis, Change Management and project/ programs to improve key performance metrics.
- Possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Help the individuals on your team to build and execute personal development plans that align with Twitter’s goals and objectives, and understand how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring talented operational focused engineers both externally and internally.
- Take an active role in driving and evolving the roadmap for the TCC Org.
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around reliability between Product and Infrastructure engineering teams.
- Partner with other Engineering Managers across Twitter to achieve reliability outcomes for their services.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
- You have 3+ years experience successfully managing a team of 5-8 engineers on large-scale projects that included technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of: distributed systems, code, networking, storage, and operating systems.
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, and you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management, and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!