Engineering Manager - Ad Formats
Client engineering managers at Twitter provide the leadership needed to build high quality features on our flagship Twitter products: Twitter for iOS, Twitter for Android and Twitter.com
Who We Are
The Ad Formats team is comprised of mobile engineers (iOS, Android) that is responsible for building revenue products in our core Twitter's applications.
Our team is central to every single revenue product that ships to end customer; this centrality provides a rich exposure to the advertising industry as well as how consumer products are built. The team works closely with product design and product managers with a focus on usability, performance, and modularity. As part of our work, we collaborate extensively with teams in both our consumer and revenue organizations.
What You’ll Do
We believe passion and personality matter. As such, we need someone who can lead teams of diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements. A successful engineering manager will:
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal feedback and performance management.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- Communicates early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple offices, across organizations and time zones.
- Facilitate in building the group’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics and prioritizing the team’s work in close collaboration with other engineering teams and product managers in multiple organizations.
- Be an effective source of engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates.
Who You Are
- You have significant technical experience and expertise in more than one of the following areas: design and engineering of significant, consumer-facing products on mobile or building ad products.
- You’ve led projects with a complicated stakeholder space and know how to build alignment across large sets of cross-functional peers.
- You are experienced with software engineering best practices and bring disciplined approach to testing, quality assurance and driving reductions in technical debt.
- You have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate having collaborated with tech leads and senior engineers, Product Managers, Designers and other disciplines to deliver new products to market and iteratively improve these products over time.
- You can clearly articulate desired outcomes and motivate engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems. You make your arguments based on facts and data, but understand how to value and include intuition in the decision-making process.
- You have the ability to gather product and business requirements and to gut check new ideas and proposals. You have a consistent track record of establishing and driving technical advances.
Applicants with strong experience beyond these basic qualifications may be considered for this role at Senior Engineering Manager level.
- Previously managed a team of 5 or more engineers and have been managing for at least 1 year.
- Previously managed a team with remote engineers or has prior experience working remotely in a development role.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!