Director of Product - Platform
Twitter is looking for an exceptional and highly technical product leader to head our platform product management team. Twitter’s user-facing products and services rely on a significant amount of internal infrastructure—storage and serving systems, analytics platforms, observability tools, data center utilization optimization, and more. These are products just like our iOS and Android apps are; it’s just that all the customers happen to be developers and teams at Twitter.
In this role, you will work very closely with engineering and product leadership, and manage a team of PMs who work on critical areas of our platform. The role requires a balance of execution, influence, and product vision. You will be the internal and external champion for Twitter’s platform products, and doing your job effectively will mean understanding customer needs, working with the engineering team to lay out a roadmap, and then executing efficiently along it. Success means happy and productive internal customers, and infrastructure that allows us to build the next set of experiences that define Twitter’s products and services.
- Research and synthesize the needs of engineering teams at Twitter
- Develop a compelling vision and strategic product roadmap for a suite of platform products (serving systems, data storage, analytics platforms, observability tools, and more).
- Communicate product vision and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Run experiments and make data-driven decisions about product direction and features to accelerate our engineering teams.
- Manage and coach a team of product managers who will be responsible for individual product lines within your area.
- Minimum of seven years of product management experience with internet products and technologies, preferably with a focus on infrastructure.
- Computer science or engineering background at the undergraduate level; MS or Ph.D. strongly preferred
- Leadership and management skills. Have previously managed a team of product managers.
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling vision.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!