Director of Infrastructure - SRE
Who We Are:
Site Reliability Engineering at Twitter is responsible for the performance, reliability, and scalability of Twitter services in production. We build software to automate, optimize, manage, and maintain those services; driving down technical debt, operational cost, and toil every step of the way. We are the last line of defense for the Twitter platform, the chosen few tasked with keeping the tweets flowing.
What You’ll Do:
Lead the Infrastructure SRE group @ Twitter. You’ll be responsible for strengthening in the teams responsible for all storage, compute, databases, data infrastructure, and observability systems at Twitter. You’ll be responsible for growing the team to be prepared to take the Twitter platform to 1 Billion users.
Who You Are:
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Managed large engineering teams
- Managed in a resource-constrained environment
- Experience hiring and developing engineering managers
- Experience with distributed systems development
- Experience with SRE organization, what we do, and how we do it
- Experience leading distributed teams is a bonus
- Ability to work collaboratively across a large engineering organization, both in terms of scale and in terms of mission complexity. Caring about setting up healthy distributed teams and collaborative environments.
- Experience building an inclusive engineering culture, with teams that are eager to learn and deeply curious. You will be unifying several disparate engineering groups beyond your org, so the expectation is that you can create a culture that is able to attract, mentor and retain outstanding engineering talent.
- Willingness to contribute to the overall SRE and platform direction and act as a key contributor at the senior level.
- Ability to instill a customer focused mindset to the engineering organization, making sure we are understanding of customers and validating hypotheses before building.
- Strong people management skills and experience growing managers to the director level.
- Ability to lead a lean, highly effective organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed.
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to serve the public conversation. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds.
Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!