Analyst, Strategy and Operations - Consumer Product
The Consumer Product org is responsible for the core consumer experience on Twitter, and as members of the Strategy & Operations team, we work closely with our partners in Product Management, Engineering, Design, and User Research (EDPR) to plan and execute overall consumer strategy.
Twitter’s company principals are:
- Promoting #health
- Earning people’s #trust
- Making it #straightforward
- Uniting profit and #purpose
- Being #fast, #free, and #fun!
As an organization, we takes seriously our responsibility in the world, and we work daily to move us closer to our our goal of someday becoming the conversational layer of the internet. If that lofty, but important goal excites you, then I would invite you to come join us on this journey and help us make that dream a reality.
- As an individual contributor, this role supports the Strategy & Operations team lead for finance, procurement, workforce planning, data analysis/modeling, and general operations with the orchestration and execution of a wide variety of high impact projects and the day-to-day management of our domains
- Drive financial rigor and accelerate growth through ownership of the consumer product org’s P&L and the identification of opportunities to reduce costs and/or make smart investments
- Govern all hiring, workforce planning, and location strategy initiatives across the 4 functions and 50+ teams that make up the consumer org
- Negotiate vendor contracts and work cross functionally with members of the broader org to find solutions that best satisfy our business needs
- Analyze data, build models, looks for trends, and clearly articulate your findings
- Assist with the management and strategy development of monetization features within our portfolio of products
- Lead special projects such as M&A target assessment, competitive research, and org redesigns
- Perform root cause analysis when issues arise and generate novel solutions that enable us to efficiently overcome those hurdles in a scalable and efficient manner
- Act as a liaison between the consumer EPDR teams and the rest of the company
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the teams you support and work closely with them to help them reach their goals
- BA/BS degree.
- 2+years of experience in a role where you’ve had the opportunity to apply your own thinking towards solving a diverse set of challenges
- Genuine interest in technology and/or consumer products
- Proven financial modeling, planning and analysis skills with strong commercial acumen and an honest desire/willingness to learn more
- Ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success
- Utilize data and metrics to understand underlying trends and identify course corrections
- Excellent written & oral communication, presentation skills, and attention to detail
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience in management consulting or business strategy / operations / planning
- Experience building data models, creating Tableau Visualizations, and/or writing SQL queries
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds.
Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!