Twitter has an opportunity for an Accountant who will be responsible for partnering with cross functional teams to support Japan Accounting operations. The candidate must be detail-oriented with strong communication skills to support and standardize Japan Accounting Operations.
The position will be based in Tokyo, Japan, and will report to the Japan Accounting Manager.
- Support Japan general accounting primarily for General Ledger and certain aspects of Accounts Payable and T&E transactions
- Maintain fixed assets register
- Assist coordination with the Asia Pacific and intercompany finance teams throughout the close process
- Assist preparation and review of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for the responsible accounts
- Assist fluctuation analysis of consolidated financial statements M/M and Q/Q
- Ensure consistent application of procedures and controls within Japan
- Review operating procedures developed by the local service provider and the Shared Services Center and support initiative to streamline Japan processes
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects and system enhancements as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce (with accounting credits) with minimum 3 to 5 years’ of experience in accounting
- Business level in English communication skills as well as proficiency in Japanese
- Basic knowledge in JGAAP, USGAAP, and Japanese tax regulation
- Basic understanding of international group structures and inter-company transactions (foreign currency translation, elimination)
- Experience with Accounts Payable and T&E reports processing preferred
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with senior management and others in the company
- Able to maintain financial accuracy while meeting closing dates
- Accounting Experience in MNCs environment preferred.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!