Sr. Analyst, Scaled Enforcement Operations
Who We Are
The Twitter Service organization provides meaningful and effective support and services to the Twitter community. We are on our way to becoming recognized as the best embodiment of a service driven culture, placing customer needs at the center of operations as we actively listen and help. Our mission is to provide customer service so remarkable, it removes any barriers towards participating in the public conversation. Within the Twitter Service organization, our Scaled Enforcement Operations team focuses on combating scaled attack patterns, automation development, and protecting the Twitter brand and user experience by preventing terms of service violations across the Twitter platform. To continually strengthen our core services, Scaled Enforcement Operations is now hiring for a deadline-focused multitasker with experience driving large scale and high quality decisions and operations.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will drive daily scaled enforcement tasks and initiatives in order to eliminate spam and abuse, enforce API Terms of Service, and detect and remediate scaled attack patterns which detract from overall Platform Health. You will utilize MySQL and a robust set of internal tools to assist in the larger team providing 24/7 coverage for defending the Twitter platform.
You will also:
- Use in-house tools to thwart high volumes of spam, automation, and abuse.
- Rapid heuristic rule testing, development, and launch.
- Prioritize daily tasks against ongoing projects, SLA targets/backlogs, and incidents.
- Analyze and make decisions on data sets, in order to accurately train and refine automation.
- Join global on-call rotation; accurately assess the severity of spam and API related incidents and respond quickly and effectively.
- Be the spam, abuse and API enforcement subject matter expert within the Twitter Service organization, and be the first point of contact for related inquiries.
- Empower Twitter’s developer community by delivering consistent, reliable, and high-quality support.
- Participate in bug triage, troubleshooting, and tool testing. Report and resolve inefficiencies in tools, policy, workflows etc; propose and support new methods of eliminating bad actors and drive ongoing improvement in team operations.
- Perform end-to-end investigations into top priority attack patterns; develop, launch, and administer operational tools and processes to streamline enforcement protocols.
- Engage with Twitter’s internal and external partners to ensure coverage and strong business partnerships. Excel in collaboration, both inside and outside the team. Open, thorough, timely communication is critical.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional partners in product and engineering, prioritize business needs, deliver global training, lead product specific quality assurance, and deliver excellent results.
- Exposure to sensitive or graphic content including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic content.
- Please note that this role may require weekend hours.
Who You Are
If this role sounds like a great match, you probably have:
- Passion for being a Twitter user, catching spam and abuse, and ensuring platform health.
- Strong interest in online spam and platform abuse strategies; knowledge of anti-spam and anti-abuse best practices.
- Experience with content analysis, pattern recognition, and applied statistics.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and are an analytical thinker, great at navigating complex issues, experienced in analyzing large data-sets, a fantastic team-player, and you thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments.
- Amazing attention to even the smallest details, ability to seek (and retain!) knowledge, share and effectively apply your learnings.
- Advanced technical operations skills; the ability to quickly adapt to new tools and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven success in teaching complex topics in an interactive and engaging environment.
- 6 months experience excelling in project work, business analytics, content evaluation, or quality assurance is preferred.
- Background working with excel, text editing software, regular-expression, SQL, CSS, HTML, Python, and Scalding are preferred.
- BA/BS in related area of focus, CS degree desired.
- 2+ years experience querying relational databases using SQL.
- 2+ years experience in online operations, security, technical support, policy enforcement or related domain.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!