Software Engineer- Core System Libraries
Who We Are:
The Core System Libraries team provides key distributed systems libraries which enable engineers to build reliable and efficient Twitter-scale services. Ensuring the resiliency of Twitter’s core libraries directly impacts the lives of our users and the success of our business.
What You’ll Do:
As an engineer on our team, you will face some of the hardest problems in modern software engineering. The scale at which your systems will operate require not only producing and using highly-performant algorithms and data structures, but also solving complex problems involving emergent behavior of distributed systems. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most highly-scaled distributed systems. Our core infrastructure receives hundreds of millions of tweets per day and serves tens of billions of API requests, while meeting stringent availability requirements. You and your fellow engineers will power the core libraries relied on every single day by Twitter’s users. In addition, many of our team's libraries are open-source including Finagle, Finatra, and others.
Who You Are:
- You want to be part of a community of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry.
- You are passionate about continually redefining the limits of scale and performance.
- You have strong computer science fundamentals.
Ideally, you would have experience with:
- Distributed systems, performance analysis, web infrastructure, and/or large-scale data processing
- JVM development, including asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and the Java memory model
- Open-source contributions
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Java, Scala, or another modern systems language
- Occasional on-call support during non-standard business hours
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.