Senior Financial Analyst
Who We Are:
The Twitter Financial Planning & Analysis team provides the executive leadership team with timely and unbiased financial analyses and insights to inform critical business decisions. As a key member of the Finance team, you will support our Engineering and Infrastructure teams - providing a great opportunity to learn and make a meaningful impact on the success of the company.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Play a key role in financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and month end processes
- Investigate detailed drivers of spending within the Infrastructure & Platform business units and translate that into insight for monthly reporting to executives
- Develop expertise in datacenter and public cloud (Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) capacity planning and perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support investment decisions
- Become the subject matter expert for your business at all levels while owning the P&L
- Design, develop & deliver insightful recurring and ad hoc reporting/analysis for internal customers
- Initiate, drive and implement improvements of processes; constantly look to invent and simplify
Who You Are:
- A problem solver with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Intellectually curious with a drive towards continuous improvement through process enhancement and change
- Personable, approachable and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Able to work autonomously to meet tight deadlines with the ability to lead and drive initiatives to completion
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with an excellent academic record
- 2+ years of analytical work experience (investment banking, consulting, etc.) or finance experience related to public cloud computing
- Superior financial modeling skills in Excel
- Bonus points for experience using Hyperion Essbase and Oracle planning tools
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!