Research Specialist, Audience Insights (Tokyo)
Research Specialist, Audience Insights (Marketing Insights & Analytics)
Opportunities in San Francisco, New York, London, Tokyo
Who We Are
The Marketing Insight & Analytics team seek to understand and improve the value of Twitter to both advertisers and consumers. We explore how consumers think, feel, and behave on Twitter, and examine what that means for brands and advertising.
The Audience Insights team is a brand new team within Marketing Insight & Analytics. At its core, the team provide insights on consumer behavior to support customized pitch presentations for high-value advertising opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who use data creatively to tell compelling, human stories with a significant business impact.
What You’ll Do
The Research Specialist is junior role for candidates with around 2 years of research experience and who have a Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or quantitative social sciences or a related subject. You will join a team responsible for delivering insights and data support for all advertiser pitches qualifying for support from the Audience Insights team.
In this role, you will support Analysts and Managers with extracting data from internal systems, working with third-party research suppliers, data analysis, and facilitating custom support requests.
Who You Are
- You have a strong, quantitative background.
- You enjoy working with data, with experience in designing behavioral research or experiments and analyzing datasets.
- You have experience using statistical techniques to draw insights from data you then use to make informed recommendations.
- You have attention to detail and are highly organized.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative (e.g., could befriend colleagues outside of reporting lines in different geographies for knowledge sharing).
- You can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts.
- You have strong teamwork and collaboration skills (e.g., could manage a project with a 3rd-party vendor).
- You have a client-responsive, customer service mindset.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in social sciences, statistics, or a related quantitative field.
- Native-level Japanese; business-level English
- Around 2 years of market research, consumer insights, or analytics experience.
- Experience using descriptive and inferential (e.g. regression, ANOVA, etc.) statistical techniques to draw insights from data.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) on large-scale data sets; if this experience is lacking, then training will be available and expected. Experience using statistical packages, or general programming experience is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with presentation software (e.g PowerPoint, Google Slides, Keynote)
- Prior experience within the advertising or digital media industries is preferred.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!