Product Manager - Engineering Effectiveness
Who We Are
We help engineers at Twitter iterate faster, ship high-quality products, and enjoy doing it.
Our vision is to enable software development at the scale of Twitter, but with the ease and speed of a startup.
We build products which service the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC). These include build tools, code review workflows, source version control systems, CI/CD pipelines, performance tools and metrics, open-source, and technical education and documentation.
Our customers are all engineers at Twitter, whether they are building or supporting clients, backend services, libraries, data pipelines, machine learning models, and so on.
Our motto is speed, quality, and joy.
What You’ll Do
Your role is to understand our customers, all 1500+ engineers and data scientists at Twitter, gather insights, identify opportunities, and help prioritize work on our suite of developer tools in a way that optimizes the overall developer experience. You will:
- Convey your vision through bold product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders and software engineers, and participate in all levels of team planning.
- Create and maintain concrete, quantitative, and descriptive profiles of customers and their needs. These include mobile developers, web developers, core service backend developers, and machine learning data scientists.
- Work with EE teams and customers to design and validate solutions to the most important customer problems, as they evolve over time.
- Have an opportunity to build out a team of product managers to scale your impact across the organization.
Who You Are
You have strong experience in both Software Engineering and Product Management, and you enjoy operating on quick iteration cycles while working with internal, but demanding customers and a multitude of stakeholders.
- Minimum of three years of product management experience.
- Computer science or engineering background strongly preferred; a background in devops is a strong plus.
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision.
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities is a must.
- You have a get-stuff-done attitude, have great positive energy, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You are passionate about technology and can keep up with the latest trends in the field.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!