Product Manager - Capacity and Performance Management
Who We Are:
As a Performance and Capacity Program Manager, you will play a key role within Twitter Platform Engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization.
What You’ll Do:
Working on the Twitter Performance and Capacity Engineering team, you will be responsible for planning Twitter’s network, compute and storage resources within budget. Develop a broad expertise in Twitter infrastructure and data center technologies and the tools used to monitor and manage hardware capacity. Drive projects to improve effective capacity planning, on budget, utilization and performance.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with engineering to forecast and estimate requirements and deliver capacity for new feature launches and growth of existing features
- Drive development and evolution of tools and models to actively plan and manage Twitter’s capacity and effective utilization
- Consult on the technical, financial and performance trade-offs related to network, compute and storage hardware configurations
- Work with Twitter Infrastructure and data center deployment teams to plan network, compute and storage builds
- Become the expert and go-to person for all things related to Twitter hardware resource management
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas
- Manage expectations of all interested parties, define clear projects with key deliverable and milestone dates
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery. Provide day-to-day management for projects and tasks
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Organizational skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- You have 10+ years of relevant work experience, including experience with technology agile project management and tools
- Exposure to large-scale systems and high-trafficked websites
- Domain experience in Hadoop cluster planning, compute and storage infrastructure
- Data center industry knowledge and experience in Infrastructure
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships and gain consensus. Drive towards problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Effective spreadsheet modeling and data analysis skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!