Team: Stay Informed, Twitter Consumer Products
This role is based in downtown San Francisco, CA.
Design the Public Conversation
We’re guiding hundreds of millions of people each month to the content they care about - over 300 million logged in, and over 500 million people logged out - and with your contributions, we’ll make it even faster, easier, and more fun to find out what matters most right now.
The Stay informed team is focused on helping users engage in conversations, broadcast information and lead discussions in Twitter’s consumer product. We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team and help define our conversation and expression products.
Help Wanted: Practical problem solvers
Twitter is looking for a Product Designer to join our design team, focused on creating experiences for expression and discussion on the platform. Do you have a passion for problem solving and user-centered design? Love using Twitter? Come help us make Twitter awesome for the millions of people that rely on our service everyday. As a member of the Twitter Design team, you’ll work closely with other Designers, Researchers, Product and Engineering teams to develop solutions to new problems, while bringing consistency, simplicity, and ease-of-use to the Twitter experience.
Use your tools
- Design, prototype, and develop elegant solutions for our mobile and web apps.
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions, build prototypes, test ideas with our user research team, and refine designs with data and user feedback.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on Twitter app and website.
- Evangelize best UI practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
Capabilities we expect
- Demonstrates an ability to design and build products for mobile and desktop experiences
- Experience working with design systems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Skilled with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools
- A B.S. in a related field or work experience.
- 2+ years of product design experience
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes mobile apps and responsive websites.
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!