Manager, Periscope Operations (Video)
Manager, Periscope Operations (Video)
Location: San Francisco
We’re looking for a strong leader to support Periscope, our live video platform. Come join our team!
The Twitter Service organization provides high quality support to Twitter’s customers. We enable users around the world to enjoy Twitter by removing barriers to participation and highlighting the best of our platforms. Periscope was founded on the belief that live video is a powerful source of truth and connects us in an authentic way with the world around us. The Periscope group within the Twitter Service team is responsible for ensuring long term success of our video products by providing remarkable customer support and by ensuring a safe experience for the Periscope community. We are looking for an experienced and customer-focused Operations Manager who is passionate about fast-evolving live video products, and a leader who can build effective cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Twitter Service leadership team, you will contribute to both shaping the strategy of the organization and executing against key objectives. In this role, you will lead a group of Safety and customer service analysts tasked with delivering high quality support in collaboration with internal teams, cross-functional stakeholders (Policy, Product, Legal, etc.) and global vendor partners. You will be responsible for driving content moderation to resolve online safety cases and for managing a team triaging and investigating escalated issues.
You will shape team vision, develop strategic goals, manage resources efficiently, implement process improvements, monitor success, and effectively influence stakeholders in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
You will also:
- Drive global strategies related to our online safety content moderation operations, implementing plans and overseeing execution.
- Lead daily support operations and agent workforce across multiple geographies to support complex user needs, especially related to safety on the platform.
- Serve as an escalation point for high-profile incidents and user issues and work creatively with your team and other stakeholders to resolve them. Learn from past incidents and mitigate future ones.
- Drive improvement in SLAs and agent workflow processes to provide timely response to users globally.
- Remove barriers to success for a high-performing global team of analysts by ensuring that growth and learning opportunities are created and leveraged by your team.
- Represent the voice of users/customers on Twitter to drive improvements to platform safety.
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Product Management, Engineering, Policy, Legal, Marketing and other stakeholders within Periscope and Twitter teams to drive collaboration.
- Prioritize daily tasks against ongoing projects, SLA targets, backlogs, and escalations.
- Ensure operations in content moderation, email support, social support, as well as our community and monetization programs are running smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Work as part of the Twitter Service leadership team in setting objectives and defining initiatives to contribute to organizational and company strategies.
- Influence key stakeholders on policy development and product changes to ensure a positive launch experience for the Periscope community.
- Manage a high-performing team by recruiting, retaining and rewarding talent, actively fostering career growth and development, and demonstrating compassionate leadership
- Disclaimer: You may need to review or be exposed to sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to pornography, vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, and other graphic videos
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have proven experience and domain expertise in safety content moderation, customer service operations and a strong track record of leading high performing teams as well as complex projects and initiatives.
If this role sounds like a great match, you probably have:
- A customer focused mentality and passion for helping internal and external customers.
- Proven experience with online safety operations and content moderation, with a high degree of discipline along with a passion for improving the customer experience.
- Strong leadership skills, experience in coaching others and enabling career growth.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence decision-making across teams and levels.
- Ability to lead and execute complex projects and process improvement initiatives requiring cross-functional collaboration, ideally utilizing agile project management methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills; you are metrics driven and make decisions based on data.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity, and ability to stay calm and make decisions under pressure.
- Experience with vendor relationship management and the BPO industry.
- Ability to support change management in a fast-changing organization.
- Experience working with Salesforce products, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, or similar software.
- Active Twitter and/or Periscope user with strong interest in social media
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent required; MA/MS or MBA desirable
- 5+ years experience in customer service, content moderation, support operations, vendor management, or similar industry, preferably in a fast-paced online environment
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a people management role
- International travel may be required
- Working hours may vary depending on business need, to include on-call shifts/coverage
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.