Legal Counsel, Marketing and Content Partnerships
Who We Are:
We're looking for an experienced lawyer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities. You need to bring legal smarts, business sense, a strong work ethic, and a good personality because you'll be dealing with challenging legal issues and helping to shape our business strategy. You must have the ability to operate independently and work proactively with various teams across the organization. You must have marketing legal and content partnerships experience, including supporting complex transactions in the marketing/advertising space. Ideally, you have worked in-house in the technology, media, ad agency, or Internet industries.
What You’ll Do:
You will be responsible for a wide range of legal matters arising from Twitter’s Marketing and Content Partnerships initiatives and programs, including negotiating agreements with advertising networks/exchanges/DSPs, publishers, advertising agencies, production companies, and media partners, as well as agreements for content monetization. You will partner with other legal stakeholders to provide user privacy and data protection advice as it relates to digital marketing initiatives and agreements. You will conduct legal marketing communications (marcom) reviews and handle rights clearances and talent releases. You will work closely and collaboratively with Twitter’s Marketing and Content Partnerships organizations. You will work closely with Legal team colleagues around the world on marketing-related activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with Marketing and Content Partnerships teams in support of initiatives and campaigns
- Partnering with Twitter Legal’s Product Counsel and Privacy teams to provide user privacy and data protection advice as it relates to digital advertising initiatives and agreements
- Negotiating and drafting IOs as well as agreements with advertising networks/exchanges/DSPs, publishers, media companies, regional and global advertising agencies, production firms, talent, and rights-holders
- Structuring, negotiating and drafting content production agreements and licenses with brands, creators, creative service providers, and IP rights holders in connection with the production and monetization of branded campaign content
- Advising on DMCA/CDA 230 issues
- Advising Marketing and Content Partnerships clients on media / content rights, required clearances or talent releases, disclosure obligations, and labor/guild issues
- Conducting legal reviews of marcom
- Drafting contest and sweepstakes rules as needed
- Partnering with Twitter’s procurement and sourcing teams on marketing-related vendor agreements
- Training clients and colleagues on marketing law issues
- Serving as a subject matter expert within the company for advertising/marketing law issues, and staying up-to-date on marketing-related legal issues
Who You Are:
- Experience with providing legal support for digital, programmatic, and performance marketing initiatives
- Experience with user privacy, marketing law, intellectual property (especially copyright and trademark), FCC, FTC, sports, entertainment, licensing and contract law
- Business-affairs related experience (including familiarity with union obligations and music licensing) a plus
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment
- Independent mindset, creative, flexible, self-starting and hard-working
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid change
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to lead and effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- At least 4 years of marketing legal experience, including support of complex marketing-related transactions, ideally with both a law firm and within a fast-paced technology, media, advertising agency, or Internet company
- A track record of success in working collaboratively with business clients in support of innovative advertising/marketing programs
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth
- J.D. and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California)
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!