Launch Project Manager
Who we are:
The Twitter Service develops support solutions at scale in a rapidly changing global environment. We enable users around the world to enjoy Twitter by removing barriers to consumption and highlighting the best of our platform. As a Launch Project Manager, you will be responsible for driving the implementation of Twitter’s products, applications, and platform while leading cross-functional initiatives that span the breadth of Twitter Service.
What you’ll do:
Lead functional and technical delivery of key team-, org-, and company-wide initiatives
Develop and ensure adoption of agile methodology to simplify project delivery
Partner with all stakeholders in a program and lead execution from concept to ship
Who you are:
You have a passion for turning ideas into supportable operations and support experiences. You know how to quickly and accurately assess the impact of a new product or policy, ensuring that critical path and risks are identified and clearly tracked. You are comfortable creating and nurturing relationships to ensure you are in the loop as decisions are made. You have a bias for action and thrive in matrixed, fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years as a project manager or program manager (operations or support domain), or related discipline
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- You have a desire to partner with product and policy teams to define strategy and requirements
- You have proficiency in working with policy and engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features
- You have the ability to create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Power to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Capacity to own and execute multiple programs simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools. JIRA experience a bonus.
- Consistent track record of shipping products and processes with broad customer impact
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve systemic issues
- Interest and capacity to mentor project managers and champion growth
- Active Twitter usage and a fascination with bird names would be feathers in your cap
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and communication skills.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.