Head of Content Management
Head of Content Management
Twitter ... the best place you have ever worked. Ever. As a company, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it.
We're building a platform where all voices can be heard, creating fun ways for people to express themselves, and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We're a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we're always looking for ways to improve our product and ourselves.
Passion and personality matter. You'll work with creative and curious people across the globe, and we want you to feel comfortable being yourself every day you're here.
Twitter is seeking an exceptional and visionary product & content strategist to serve as a key executive in the Content Partnership Organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an executive with strong business acumen and a deep grounding in product management to collaborate with product leaders across Twitter to represent the needs of the Content Partnerships organization. Our content and distribution products/services are used by partners to help people stay informed about what matters, and help people and companies inform others about what matters.
With a robust experience set building and transforming consumer content experiences that resonate with users across all platforms, and with a heavy focus on video-led content experiences, the Head of Content Management will be a tried and proven product expert. They will bring to bear content product technical knowledge coupled with a deep understanding of the content and media landscape that continues to evolve as reaching target audiences for maximum engagement becomes increasingly harder.
Against the backdrop of a fast-paced, innovative and increasingly complex and competitive digital marketplace, this leader will be able to develop data-driven content product strategies, partnering with key internal constituents to articulate and execute plans of action leveraging innovative digital solutions to evolve the content product roadmap.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and charismatic leader, who understands market demands, methods for monetization, technology trends, and the competitive field. They will bring a combination of business leadership, strategic thinking, analytical problem solving, deep product knowledge, and a broad experience set in/around the content and media landscape in order to effectively lead by influence.
Reporting directly to the Global VP & Head of Content Partnerships at Twitter, this role will be based in San Francisco, and will be held accountable for driving forward Content Partnerships’ product roadmap and strategies/needs by collaborating with all the right internal teams to make a significant impact on our content product efficacy and offerings.
What you’ll do:
- Influence Content Product Strategy
- Trusted partner to product leadership, representing Global Content Partnerships (GCP)
- Key leader and liaison between the Product and GCP organizations
- Collaborate with stakeholders, leveraging deep content, video, and media industry background/experience
- Collect, evaluate, and prioritize product requests from GCP organization
- Ensure that GCP’s objectives and key results are aligned with Product objectives
- Partner with Publisher Products team to streamline communications between the Product team and GCP
- Work closely with Product Specialists to ensure GCP business needs are understood and prioritized by product/engineering leadership
- Work closely with GCP customers/partners to understand their needs and anticipate market developments
- Benchmark the industry competitive environment and best practices.
Be a Product Expert
- Ensure that product features are broadly understood and adopted across the global
- Accountable for create a strategy for production adoption and working with GCP Leads and Partner Managers to get new Twitter product features and products adopted by our Content Partners
- Partnerships team and incorporated into any go-to-market plans
- Educate GCP organization and client partners on upcoming product changes and how they are expected to affect our business
- Explain the potential business impact of product decisions to product leadership team
- Build use cases for GCP product asks
- Act as the content product industry expert to ensure we stay abreast of new/emerging trends in the space
Drive Cross-Functional Alignment:
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with, Curation team, Publisher Products team, etc. to execute on content initiatives
- Own and lead partnership with the Content Ops team to ensure all live broadcasts are scheduled and executed as planned
- Own reporting and measurement of live broadcasts
- Own processes and procedures for Live Video executions -- including insights and key learnings around Live Video efficacy on Twitter
- Point of contact for cross-functional teams to ensure live deals are executed properly (i.e. legal, finance, communications, marketing, technical program management, others)
- Partner with the GCP Operations team to ensure Live Video Program management is supported by the global operations team
Who you are:
- Roll up your sleeves, “get it done” attitude
- Excited by ambiguity, ambitious, reliable, commercially-minded and comfortable working across multiple external partners and internal teams to build strong and successful relationships
- Passion and knowledge of Twitter, the media industry and the changing content landscape
- Proven ability to lead as the hub of the wheel on intensive cross functional coordination in both deal processes and more significant executing priorities and plans
- Creative thinker that can solve complex problems
- Critical thinker and extremely analytical with a love of data analysis
Skills and Experience:
- BS or BA, with MBA/JD or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years experience in content (ideally video) and/or digital product
- Experience working with new media /web products/video and digital television strongly preferred
- Exceptional understanding of Twitter and social media’s impact on brands/publishers
- A mix of sales and product marketing experience
- Experience developing working relationships at all levels of management -- externally and internally
- Ability to translate complexity into action plan and communications
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing, to many different audiences, ranging from executives to talent
- Knowledge of online video market and industry preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!