Executive and Incentive Compensation Director
Who We Are
Twitter’s mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. Our Total Rewards team is dedicated to ensuring our employees (current and potential) feel valued, starting from their new hire offer through their entire experience at Twitter.
We are looking for a passionate Executive and Incentive Compensation Director. In this role, you draw from big picture thinking to design and deliver innovative and creative executive and incentive compensation programs balancing business needs and employee experience.
What You’ll Do
Lead the design and development of Twitter’s executive compensation and equity programs in support of senior executives and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. You will focus on executive compensation programs on a global scale, including: executive base pay, annual incentive plan design, long-term equity compensation programs, proxy reporting, external trends analysis and regulatory disclosure and compliance.
Stay on top of internal trends, relevant pay legislation and competitive market intelligence, anticipating and navigating the potential impact to our executive pay philosophy and practices.
Partner closely with key leaders across the business, People, Finance and Legal to understand needs and prioritize accordingly. You demonstrate assertiveness, maturity, leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, and the ability to be both strategic and executional.
You will work in close partnership with the Vice-President of Total Rewards, to whom this position reports.
Who You Are
- You are instinctive enough to address critical business opportunities, scrappy enough to resolve reactive or operational items quickly, and savvy enough to work with all levels in a matrixed environment
- You are a subject matter expert, strategic thought leader, and know when to pull in the perspectives of the broader team
- You love business, especially technology, and are motivated by the role executive compensation plays in keeping the a competitive edge
- Keeping status quo is your worst nightmare. You are motivated by complexity and challenges; you are energized by fast paced environments that evolve before they have to
- You are competitive and like to win - together. You thrive off of working with smart, creative people that challenge you to perform at a higher level and draw the best out of you;
- You have a high learning agility, are comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Had significant hands on experience with designing, implementing and operating compensation programs
- Consulting background, with outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills and demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels within the organization, especially with senior leadership
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, dynamic business environment; tech industry experience highly desired
- Strong problem-solving, critical/analytical thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Knowledgeable of US regulatory pay requirements, global knowledge is a plus
- Expert Excel skills, experience in Google Docs is a plus
- Familiarity with Workday is a plus
- 10+ years experience of compensation experience and 7+ years of executive compensation experience
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, Finance or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Prefer candidates with the following:
- MBA or related master’s degree
- CCP, CECP, or CEP certification
- Experience in global or multinational organizations
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!