Director, User Operations
Location: San Francisco
We’re looking for a strong leader to help build the future of User Operations at Twitter. Come join our team!
The Twitter Service organization provides high quality support to Twitter’s customers. We enable users around the world to enjoy Twitter by removing barriers to participation and highlighting the best of our platforms. The Identity Operations group within the User Operations team is responsible for providing remarkable customer support and a positive experience for Twitter users when they have identity, access or impersonation concerns. We are looking for an experienced and customer-focused Operations Director who is passionate about fast-evolving products and online identity, builds effective cross-functional networks easily, and enables their team to continuously achieve ambitious goals and objectives.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Twitter Service leadership team, you will contribute to both shaping the strategy of the organization and working with your team to create and execute against key objectives. In this role, you will lead managers of support analysts tasked with delivering high quality support in collaboration with internal teams, cross-functional stakeholders (Policy, Product, Legal, etc.) and our global vendor partners. It will be your responsibility to provide vision, develop strategic goals, manage resources efficiently, help implement improvements, monitor success, and effectively influence stakeholders in a fast-changing and challenging environment.
You will also:
- Set a 1-2 year vision for the teams by staying ahead of industry trends
- Work closely with the rest of the Twitter Service Leadership to shape the strategy and roadmap for the department
- Ensure adequate resources and strategies for your team’ success are in place and are utilized appropriately
- Leverage your experience as a senior-level leader, thinking strategically, and communicating well both within the team and throughout the organization
- Partner and operate cross-functionally with numerous Twitter teams and groups ranging from engineering, trust and safety, sales, product, marketing, PR, business development, legal, finance, HR, and more
- Provide active management of senior and tenured members of the organization as well as provide coaching for others outside of your direct reporting chain
- Manage a diverse, growing, and distributed global team
- Foster your team’s career growth through active management, coaching and mentorship, inclusive of performance management
- Remove barriers and bottlenecks for your team, while also giving sound advice on any adversity that may surface for individuals such as, ambiguity, work-load balancing, etc.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have proven experience and domain expertise in customer service operations and a strong track record of leading high performing teams as well as complex projects and initiatives.
If this role sounds like a great match you probably have:
- A customer focused mentality and passion for helping internal and external customers
- Experience in customer support or content moderation, and strong interest in the future of social media and online communications
- Deep, long-standing track record of managing large, distributed teams of people as well as leading operational responsibilities across large organizations
- Strong leadership skills, experience in coaching others and enabling career growth
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence decision-making across teams and levels
- Ability to lead and execute complex projects and process improvement initiatives requiring cross-functional collaboration, ideally utilizing agile project management methodologies
- Strong analytical skills; you are metrics driven and make decisions based on data
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity, and ability to stay calm and make decisions under pressure
- Experience with vendor relationship management and the BPO industry
- Ability to support change management in a fast-changing organization
- Experience working with Salesforce products, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, or similar software
- Active Twitter and/or Periscope user with strong interest in social media
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent required; MA/MS or MBA highly desirable
- 10+ years experience in customer service, content moderation, support operations, vendor management, or similar industry, preferably in a fast-paced online environment
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a people management role
- Job location: San Francisco
- International travel may be required
- Working hours may vary depending on business need
Disclaimer: You may need to review or be exposed to sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to pornography, vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, and other graphic videos
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!