Data Scientist (Self-Serve Ads)
Data Scientist, Self Serve Ads
Who we are:
The SSA team is responsible for driving global initiatives for Twitter's self serve advertisers. The team utilizes a data driven, analytical and programmatic approach to design and execute revenue programs that drive significant revenue growth. We do this by partnering extensively with cross-functional teams across Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering.
What you’ll do:
You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to lead seamless execution, analysis, and improvement of our global programs. Through analyzing large volume of data both from Twitter users and Twitter advertisers, you’ll help Twitter grow revenue globally and in scale.
You are able to:
- Become an expert on the data sources and systems at Twitter.
- Analyze internal and external data, synthesize raw information into insights, recommendations, dashboards, and reports.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to help resolve broader business problems through data and analytics.
- Build, maintain and improve analytical algorithms and models that translates data into revenue.
- Clearly communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization.
- BA/BS degree with a quantitative focus (computer science, mathematics, statistics, etc.), advanced degrees highly preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience in data driven analytics/predictive analytics/statistical modeling/machine learning/data mining.
- Experience interacting with #BigData data sources, using a combination of SQL/NoSQL technologies: Pig/Hive/Map-Reduce/Scalding/Spark/Vertica
- Experience with at least one programing languages such as Python, Java, Scala, C++.
- Knowledge of digital ad space or social media data preferred.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!