Corporate Development and Strategy Associate
Twitter seeks a motivated team player who enjoys working in a dynamic environment driving Twitter’s global acquisition strategy and strategic initiatives. The Corporate Development and Strategy Team partners across Twitter to bring world-class talent, technology, and businesses into the company through acquisitions, as well as driving and supporting our corporate strategy. This is a unique opportunity to join a team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Twitter. The ideal candidate will be excellent at analyzing various businesses, leveraging strategic frameworks, facilitating discussions, building relationships, and executing complex transactions and projects.
- Support the M&A execution processes and integration efforts, including deal evaluation, negotiations with target companies, and cross-functional project management of a transaction
- Partner closely with product and engineering leaders and senior management to identify acquisition opportunities
- Create and manage the deal pipelines for specific sectors of interest
- Conduct rigorous analysis including valuation and financial modeling
- Support the analysis of complex business issues and strategic opportunities
- External outreach within the investor and entrepreneurial community to create sourcing opportunities, inform product strategy, and stay abreast of the competitive landscape
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong financial, quantitative and analytical skills required
- Internet or consumer technology experience
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Independent thinker who can think strategically and creatively, but also stay on top of details and drive tactical execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to drive projects cross-functionally
- Can communicate effectively with diverse technical and non-technical teams
- Strong network and reputation among entrepreneurial or investment community a plus
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in 1) a corporate development / strategy / strategic finance role at a large internet / consumer company or 2) investment banking / private equity / venture capital or 3) leading management consulting firm
- Experience with a wide breadth of M&A transactions, including large or complex deals
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!