Client Platform Engineer
Who We Are:
Twitter IT is looking for an extraordinary Client Platform Engineer who is passionate about planning, building and maintaining the infrastructure and tools used to manage our global fleet of Macs, ChromeOS, and Windows endpoints. We excel in providing an amazing customer experience and delivering world-class infrastructure. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Support, IT Systems, Engineering Operations, Security, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Twitter employees around the world, in over 30 offices in 19 different countries.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for someone that is excited about building a scalable platform that leverages management tools such as Munki, Chef, Jamf Pro, BigFix and other tools to design, implement, and support the endpoint infrastructure. You will develop mixed environment solutions for software distribution, deployment, and endpoint management, You’ll work alongside our IT Support team, IT Systems Engineering, and Information Security teams to keep our employees operating in an efficient and safe environment. You love to solve problems at scale, and have experience in creating a robust mixed environment (Windows, Mac) with a consistent and seamless experience for our end users and support teams. You are passionate about providing the best customer service experience possible, while mentoring junior members of our global team. We are looking for someone that is highly adept at managing both Macs and Windows endpoints on a global level, improving the end user experience, and refining processes through automation.
You will do the following:
- Design, build, document and support ongoing automation in endpoint deployment and management
- Manage, administer, and scale our endpoint fleet and related infrastructure
- Support and manage Apple and Windows operating systems and software
- Define and manage a full cycle patch and software distribution framework
- Manage and maintain client configuration and security compliance standards across all endpoints
- Implement and iterate on deployment solutions across macOS, Windows, and ChromeOS
- Identify and deploy internal process and automation improvements
- Work as an escalation point for the global IT support team
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation
- Help to grow and mentor the global IT team.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong track-record of managing both Mac and Windows endpoints at global scale.
- You have experience with the use of tools such as BigFix and WSUS for Windows endpoint management.
- You are well versed in using tools such as Jamf Pro, Munki, Puppet, Chef, and Chocolatey for platform management.
- You can identify ways to improve efficiency and scale services leveraging automation tools.
- You have a strong background in Windows administration and are comfortable with AD administration, and group policy management.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You are a great teammate who is hardworking, learns quickly and thrives in a collaborative, agile environment.
- 5-7 years in an IT Engineering or IT Support role in an enterprise environment
- 4+ years experience working with endpoint management or DevOps tools (Jamf Pro, Chef, Munki, Puppet, etc..)
- 2+ years experience in Windows administration (AD, WSUS, GPO management)
- Expert level JAMF knowledge; software distribution, monitoring and maintenance
- Comfortable with scripting and writing code in at least one language (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Comfort working within a version control environment (Subversion, Git, etc..)
- Networking fundamentals and support (VPN, DNS, Routing, VLANs)
Here at Twitter we are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!