Brand Strategist, Greater China (Singapore)
The Brand Strategy team at Twitter works with the world’s top brands and their agencies to develop multi-channel marketing and content solutions. Brand Strategists are senior-level marketers, creative visionaries, and strategic thinkers who create measurably effective solutions that meet client objectives, while leveraging the unique attributes of the Twitter platform and the behaviours of our users. Brand Strategists work directly with account executives and sales leadership to help drive revenue across a tailored list of strategic accounts. The ideal candidate is ambitious and seeks a challenging work environment, motivated by a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
Success in this role means:
- Developing creative concepts that meet client objectives, are executable, measurable, and most of all are appropriate for the target audience(s) in a given country or region
- Helping the sales teams exceed revenue goals by becoming a valued resource to clients and their agencies who see you as a key advisor and provider of marketing solutions that move their business forward
- Effectively working cross-functionally, building relationships with a number of internal teams, from product to legal to communications and media partnerships so we can jointly create and publicize amazing work on the platform
- Identifying, building and maintaining relationships with creative agencies who work with key clients with the objective of helping them understand how to get the best out of the platform and eventually reducing reliance on the brand strategy team for smaller scale creative output
- Acting as a utility player, including creating compelling decks, meeting with executive-level clients, and helping to produce brand initiatives on the platform
- A recognized member of the global Brand Strategy team who contributes to success outside of your immediate geographic region
- Work closely with the Twitter sales teams by providing marketing solutions for strategic accounts that help grow the business that align with advertiser and company goals
- Serve as a client-facing partner to the sales leads, attending (and often leading) client meetings, education sessions, and marketing summits
- Participate in forecasting and planning with sales counterparts to identify opportunities for proactive selling
- Work with select content partners to develop and package innovative marketing programs that drive revenue and provide strong value for users, advertisers, and Twitter
- Lead workshops and brainstorming sessions; help crystallize ideas into actionable solutions for advertisers
- Help to develop presentation materials and other client deliverables, and maintain an editorial eye to ensure all client-facing creative concepts follow Twitter brand guidelines and effectively meet the marketer’s objectives
- Provide creative and business recommendations to support large-scale programs and initiatives
- Oversee the execution of large and custom programs and assist the Brand Program Manager in ensuring deadlines are met and obstacles are removed
- Supporting a roster clients that may change on a quarterly basis. Supporting the clients includes maintaining a close ear to the ground regarding all facets of your clients’ business, where possible, know their business and their customers better than they do.
- Fluency and literacy in Mandarin and English is mandatory
- Minimum 8+ years experience in digital media and marketing at an advertising agency, or media agency. Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing creative digital media and sponsorship programs at scale that drive brand awareness and high user engagement in Japan
- Experience leading and managing clients; managing small teams of people is a plus
- Cross-functional experience at consumer internet companies, working across a variety of teams including product, engineering, communications, business development, media, finance, and sales
- Strong customer service attitude including interpersonal skills
- An understanding of Twitter's promoted products and overall advertising model
- Proficient computer skills (Keynote, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- BA/BS degree, but life experience is also valued
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.